News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No more stock control?!?!

Started by ka3media, September 26, 2014, 23:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ka3media

Version: 2.6.10 on J2.5.25

It is known, that I can trick M`VMs stock controll (stockable childs) by ordering for example 5+5+5+5, although there are only 5 in stock.

But now you can order 50 in one klick, although there are only 5 in stock!!! Absolutely NO more stock control now.

As there is no stock, the "notify me" hint comes... everything is fine. But if there is only one in stock, you can order as much as you like...

Can anybody verify this and is there a solution? If this is the actual state of the software, then this is a deadshot for every shop...

John2400

Not sure exactly where you added the products- i did this at the product and tried in the cart too.. I did try doing your 5+5+ 5 on a product.

I have set in the product status of the shop some regulated steps to prevent what you said. In products.

The image shows you the warning I got.

I tested it on several products - although the shop added the products in the cart it prevented me from going any further.

Maybe you can show us an image example..

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

and also this last little mistake should be fixed in vm3.

Furthermore most shops do not have customers who try to tricks it. VM is also not an ERP yet.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ka3media

The Problem with adding several lines with one problem is not so important.

More important... and that's the point in my posting... is, that the system NOW don't care about any stock. It let the buyer order as much as he likes.

Please see example with seetings

ka3media

Ok, checked this completely:

2.0.26 was the last version with a functional stock control. Within 2.6.x there is no control of the stock of a stockable child product... the customer can order what ever he want!

Was this a change in behavior that was wanted?

Is it not important to have the products in stock, so that the customer get's what he ordered?!?!?

Milbo

*selbstzensiert*

um deine Fragen zu beantworten
"Ja es war beabsichtigt das Feature zu zerstören"
"Wir haben ein Inventar system, aber es ist nur da um den Shopowner zu foppen, ja... man,.. wir haben das nur geschrieben Um DICH zu ärgern. Sonst nix. wirklich! Wir haben nichts besseres zu tun, als FEatures kaputt zu machen, Bugs einzubauen und alle zu ärgern die VM benutzen und nicht unsere Kunden sind"

Achja,... da müssten noch Ironie tags aussen rum

now seriously in english again
Quote from: John2400 on September 27, 2014, 12:39:53 PM
I tested it on several products - although the shop added the products in the cart it prevented me from going any further.

Uhmm,.. but John tells a different story. Maybe it is the stock setting "Show info", does it work as expected with the other options?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

I thought I'd give it one more try to see if stock control was wrong?
* I set up a product that had 10 items in stock - maximum purchase 10 - but I had one on order already.
* I set, send me low stock notification at about 7 items
* I also set the email reminder for customers .

The result was that I could add 11 items into the cart -- but the software told me that I cannot purchase 11 because only 9 left.
It went to the cart but would not again proceed.

* The purchase was perfect. The customer received 9 goods, the buyer received an invoice for 9 good, plus also a notification that stock was low.
* The Inventory changed perfectly.
* I tried to trick it but it again stopped me from purchasing any more.
* I re-added the stock and sent a notification to customers -

* I only speak - English but I think you can see it worked perfectly ..   

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ka3media

Quote from: Milbo on September 29, 2014, 07:49:59 AM
um deine Fragen zu beantworten
"Ja es war beabsichtigt das Feature zu zerstören"
"Wir haben ein Inventar system, aber es ist nur da um den Shopowner zu foppen, ja... man,.. wir haben das nur geschrieben Um DICH zu ärgern. Sonst nix. wirklich! Wir haben nichts besseres zu tun, als FEatures kaputt zu machen, Bugs einzubauen und alle zu ärgern die VM benutzen und nicht unsere Kunden sind"

** Nun ja, es hätte ja sein können, dass es im Rahmen der geplanten 2.9 / 3.x Umstellung absichtlich heraus genommen wurde. Kann mich an eine Aussage von Dir erinnern, bei der DU geschrieben hast, dass das kein "Must have" ist. Derzeit gibt es ja auch keine Funktion in der 2.9 **

Now back to english:

John, thank you for trying this out. But have you seen, that I'm talking about "stockable childs" - products, generated with the stockable childs plugin.

Quote from: John2400 on September 29, 2014, 11:44:49 AM
The result was that I could add 11 items into the cart -- but the software told me that I cannot purchase 11 because only 9 left.

Yes, this was the behavior for stockable Child products, too - before update to 2.6

I tested the following scenario: Joomla 2.5 with VM 2.0.25d - everything works perfect. The system tells the customer that the maximum is reached and corrected the items to the max stock available. Fine! Then Update to VM 2.6 incl. aio - stock control for childs is broken. Every number of items is accepted and is in the cart then. -  Then install again 2.0.25d with aio via the Joomla Extension Installer... everything is fine again. Again update to 2.6 - broken again.

When not VM or the stockable plugin broke the stock control... what is my error???

ka3media

Milbo

Stockable childs are buggy. The reason we replace them with "child variants".

ka3media

As far as I see, is the function similar... a product with a parent and stock control. Am I right?

Milbo

Yes. The problem with the stockable is, that it is mainly using children, but not completly. So sometimes,.. and I think that could count for the cart, you get the amount for the all variants. It is interesting problem and it should be solved for vm3, if not, just write here. :-)

ka3media

Ok, we will have a look... first I had setup two copys for John so he can see the problem and the settings in the backend.

Because there is no way to upgrade stockable childs to 2.9/3.x (now), I have to take some time to prepare an importlist for the new "children" ;) Then we check it out and tell about our experience

Milbo

This should be not necessary. You can use the same children as before. It is mainly a replacing of the stockable in the product and adjust the new settings.

Actually the last thing I want todo for vm3.