SOLVED - Confirmed vs Pending order status in 2.6.10

Started by scottshort, September 16, 2014, 18:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottshort

Hello,

We are trying to update our Virtuemart and are currently trying VM 2.6.10.  We have had the same recurring problem with 2.6.6, 2.6.8 and now 2.6.10.  When an order is placed and "paid",  The following happens:

• We can see and click on the "add to cart button" to add product to cart [this was a problem previously]
  • We complete payment transaction [bank transfer for now] and get confirmation screen - but shows status only as "PENDING" and not "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" as on our live site [VM2.0.24a]
  • Also, the shopping cart does not empty
  • No email is sent to either the shop or the customer with this "PENDING" order status
  • I CAN see the order in VM admin backend with "PENDING" status
  • If I change order status to either "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" or "CONFIRMED" then the correct emails are sent to shop and customer
  • However, the shopping cart never empties - customer must manually empty the cart

I would just like to confirm, that upon payment of any kind, even bank transfer, the product should be moved from "PENDING" status to one of the "CONFIRMED" statuses, correct???

We are running a one-page-checkout component - maybe there is some conflict there with the incorrect order status and cart not emptying??

I did try to change templates to Beez5 as Milbo suggests, but upon doing this, I lose my add to cart button completely instead going back to the previous problem showing all products as "out ot stock"... so can not test to see if same problem occurs with this template. 

Any suggestions or help appreciated.. 

Thanks

Scott
Best Regards,
Scott

Live site Joomla 2.5.24; PHP 5.3.28; VM 2.0.24a
Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

GJC Web Design

QuoteWe complete payment transaction [bank transfer for now] and get confirmation screen - but shows status only as "PENDING" and not "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" as on our live site [VM2.0.24a]
Also, the shopping cart does not empty

the payment plugin is responsible for both - so look further at your payment plugin
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

John2400

You know I had a little trouble with this in 2.6.10 today as well.

I had the invoice and emails in both shopper and vendor set to "confirm" --

I had a real payment come through paypal and the "order" did not change to 'confirm' but remained as pending.

Thus the invoice did not trigger. I was testing paypal on 2.6.10.
I just reset the invoices to pending,.. confirm ..  etc to ensure the all come through.

scottshort

By no means an expert here, but as far as I see it, once the customer pays for the order with paypal or credit card [third party gateways] then the order might be assigned a "CONFIRMED" status.  For me "CONFIRMED" is the same as "CONFIRMED BY VENDOR" [me].  Another way I think of it is that when I receive the money, I confirm the order.  In the case of a Bank Transfer, once the customer initiates the order, they have agreed to purchase and have asked that I remove the product from sale... in this case the product is assigned "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" status.  As soon as I have confirmed the arrival of the Bank Transfer funds into my account, I will change the status to "CONFIRMED [By Vendor]".  We do not currently ship product without first receiving funds so we do not have to deal with the scenario where client pays the shipping courier...which wrecks my perfect explanation  :o ::).

A second scenario would be that upon all payments, the order is assigned "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER"  and vendor is alerted with email..  at which point, vendor approves the order [confirming the inventory is available, etc.] and changes status to "CONFIRMED [By Vendor]".

I see no point in a status of "PENDING" other than an internal status prior to confirmation from either party.. possibly when the product is placed into the shopping cart but not yet paid for? ... I have no need for notificiation of this at this time.  Also, this should not be happening once the payment has been completed - upon payment the order should take on one of the confirmed statuses. 

We are looking into our payment gateways to see why this problem is occuring.  Thanks again for any wisdom here.

scott
Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

AH

With regards PayPal

Order created: status =  P
Shopper goes to paypal==> does nothing , then order created is still P

They pay:
Paypal send an IPN with
Completed==> order status = C
or
Pending==> order status= U
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

Hutson is correct

Pending is an order that the client completed as far as the payment gateway etc - but then didn't pay

It is very useful for shop owners as you can then chase up the client and ask if there was some sort of problem etc -
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

AH

GJC

Exactly

For us, this is a great feature.

The use of a pending state allows customers to be chased up if they cannot complete payment

And we get a number of these per week. 

We see these Pending orders and then decide if we want to chase any up

Gives us a chance of getting the sale and showing how responsive we are as a business.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

scottshort

EDITED:  SEE BOTTOM

QuoteWe are trying to update our Virtuemart and are currently trying VM 2.6.10.  We have had the same recurring problem with 2.6.6, 2.6.8 and now 2.6.10.  When an order is placed and "paid",  The following happens:

We can see and click on the "add to cart button" to add product to cart [this was a problem previously]
    We complete payment transaction [bank transfer for now] and get confirmation screen - but shows status only as "PENDING" and not "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" as on our live site [VM2.0.24a]
    Also, the shopping cart does not empty
    No email is sent to either the shop or the customer with this "PENDING" order status
    I CAN see the order in VM admin backend with "PENDING" status
    If I change order status to either "CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER" or "CONFIRMED" then the correct emails are sent to shop and customer
    However, the shopping cart never empties - customer must manually empty the cart

Hello Everyone - I am posting again for additional help.  Our developer is at a loss for what is causing our problem.  We are testing using only the standard VM payment plugin configured for a bank transfer so there are no third party payment plugins involved.  Upon completion of the order the system fails to change the order status to "confirmed by Shopper" instead leaving it as pending AND the shopping cart does not empty and no payment method is registered [see screenshot]. 

Since we have not made any changes to the payment plugin ourselves, we are not sure how to go about resolving this problem.  Was this standard payment plugin updated in 2.6.6, 2.6.8. or 2.6.10?? Given the forum topics, I am lead to believe there is some problem here.  Any assistance on how to troubleshoot and resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.  If you can be more specific than just "look at payment plugin" I would greatly appreciate.   We are still running VM 2.0.24a on our live site and I am desperate  :-[ to upgrade... but we can not because we have not found any version where we can get the shopping cart to work correctly.

Once again thank you for any help!!!

Regards
Scott

EDIT:  To say that we have no third party plugins that might be involved is inaccurate.  We are using a one-page checkout from RUPOSTEL, and I see another admin component called "Virtuemart_allinone" which is also enabled.. but I do not know what this is for or why we have it enabled - could it be for shopping cart?.  I do see that it was updated in Sept 2014.  [see second screenshot].

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

GJC Web Design

Ah ha - if you are using Rupostal you are using the biggest plugin of them all - bigger than VM in fact if you look at the package sizes!

So redirect your queries to Stan at rupostal - his support is very good

Of course to prove the istall you should try with a std template (Beez) .. this will give a honest idea of whether there is a problem or not

re Virtuemart_allinone - this is just the package of all the VM modules, plugins etc - obviously if you upgraded to 2.6.10 then you MUST also upgrade your VM AOI to that version
Both zips are in the installer

re VM std payment plug

this is the final snippet of code in the function plgVmConfirmedOrder ($cart, $order)

$modelOrder = VmModel::getModel ('orders');
      $order['order_status'] = $this->getNewStatus ($method);
      $order['customer_notified'] = 1;
      $order['comments'] = '';
      $modelOrder->updateStatusForOneOrder ($order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_order_id, $order, TRUE);

//We delete the old stuff
      $cart->emptyCart ();
      vRequest::setVar ('html', $html);
      return TRUE;

so it does update the order (to what ever you set in the plugin) and empty the cart
GJC Web Design

scottshort

Thanks JGC for your help.  I have posted to Rupostel to see if there is any problem there.  Thanks

Yes we have upgraded both VM and AOI to 2.6.10 for this testing.

I have tried to test the shopping cart with the Beez5 template, but it reverts back to the BUG where no products are in stock [we are using the stockable variants plugin] and thus I can not add anything to the cart to test.  Our developer bug fixed this himself so on our template we CAN now see the stock and add to cart now on VM 2.6.10.

When you mention "setup the plugin" what are you referring to:  I just checked the plugin settings and I have attached what we have in the screenshots... for the most part it is all empty.  Should we have any settings configured here??? [see screenshots]

Thanks
Scott

Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

GJC Web Design

What on earth are those screen shots? Joomla plugin ?

You config your payment plugins in VM->payment Methods

the ONLY thing you do in Joomla plugins is enable it

GJC Web Design

Milbo

and even that will be the opposite in future. New pluginsystem will work with unpublished plugins (so they are not using the joomla system.)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

scottshort

Thanks

QuoteYou config your payment plugins in VM->payment Methods
OK Thanks, I see these configuration settings but it appears that my problem with order status not changing to confirmed or confirmed by shopper is not due to plugin settings... don't you agree? 

Quotere VM std payment plug

this is the final snippet of code in the function plgVmConfirmedOrder ($cart, $order)

$modelOrder = VmModel::getModel ('orders');
      $order['order_status'] = $this->getNewStatus ($method);
      $order['customer_notified'] = 1;
      $order['comments'] = '';
      $modelOrder->updateStatusForOneOrder ($order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_order_id, $order, TRUE);

//We delete the old stuff
      $cart->emptyCart ();
      vRequest::setVar ('html', $html);
      return TRUE;

so it does update the order (to what ever you set in the plugin) and empty the cart

Are you saying that the code above is already in VM 2.6.10?  Where would I find this file so we can check that we have the correct code??

Thanks again for all of your help
Scott
Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6

John2400

Well I'm Having the exact same issue described by scottshort,
In the short text option - I have a free payment -Standard option to test.
No emails come through until I manually change the order in the back end.

* receive all other emails - from the store
* you can see for my test that I set all options.

also no matter what I pick in the Payment option

scottshort

Hello John2400
Are you by chance using Rupostel one page checkout?

Thanks
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best Regards,
Scott

Testing VM 2.6.0; 2.6.6