News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

how to set dependencies for the custom fields?

Started by motybz, August 14, 2014, 11:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motybz

i used http://breakdesigns.net/knowledge-base/custom-filterscustom filter module

For example i am selling car parts. And a certain product can fit for two cars: BMW M5 and Audi R8. i create and assign this product two custom fields:

Brand: BMW, Audi.
Model: M5, R8.

The module will show filters correctly, but when i choose filter "BMW" it will show both Models "M5" and "R8" because it is correct from the point of view of data in DB. But it is not that correct from the practical point of view.

The main idea is that usually i add multiple values like this:
BMW;Audi R6;M5

but i need to make it two separate records
BMW M5
Audi R6

Unfortunately it is a problem that resides to the structure of custom fields.
do you have any solution for this problem?

Milbo

The solution is to use VM3 and the multiple manufactuere feature. So you can give a product two manufacturers. Then people search for manufacturer + part. Or you make two customfields and the filter must be able to filter for two customfields. Which should work, cause that is one of the reason we have this technic to create a custom preset, which becomes a customfield when you attach it to a product.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

balai

Hi Max

If you assign 2 manufacturers and 2 custom field values, how could you connect a manufacturer with a specific custom value?

e.g.
Toyota -> Auris
Ford -> Escord

motybz

max "balai" it is right  "how could you connect a manufacturer with a specific custom value?" your sulotion didnt solve this problem

Emma125

The module will show filters correctly, but when i choose filter "BMW" it will show both Models "M5" and "R8" because it is correct from the point of view of data in DB. But it is not that correct from the practical point of view...........