News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

config of Currency Selector module

Started by multigeo, September 03, 2014, 23:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

multigeo

I am currently migrating a VM1 webshop to VM2 and run into an unwanted difference in the operation of the currency selector module.
In VM1 settings are:
base currency = accepted currency = Euro (all payments, orders, invoices, etc. must be in EURO.
For user convenience the Currency selector is used to allow display of prices in a number of local currencies. These local currencies are set in the parameters of the Currency Selector module itself.
This works fine, local currencies are shown up to the Cart but when Checkout is selected all amounts are presented again in Euro.

In VM2 I made identical settings, except the selection list in the Curr.Sel. params does not exist.
I tried entering some in the text box in its place but that does not seem to work at all.
I tried different ways of entering currencies by ID, CurrNo., name, etc. but no go.

Can anybody please explain how to allow prices shown in the shop in different currencies while still forcing checkout => orders+invoices to EURO ?
I found no documentation for the Currency Selector apart from the tool tip, which is  not helping much.

Much appreciated,
André

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum