News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Skipped an order number

Started by capewellmj, August 28, 2014, 20:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capewellmj

Hello

Just to report a bug that occurred after updating to VM 2.6.8 from VM 2.6.6. I have the order number plugin and have order number and order ID the same and they both match and go up together incrementally with each order. Since updating 2 days ago for the first time ever my VM went up an order ID but skipped an order number so they became un-synchronized.

Then once I got them synchronized again I got another order and it gave an Order ID that was 3 numbers less than the Order ID we were on and copied over an existing Order ID.

It is all synchronized again now and I am just waiting for it to do it again. I thought it may be indicative of some of the other problems people are having such as duplicate orders.

Martin

gpessoa

I have the same problem
My orders number are different of the ID Numbers and I really want they where the same
I believe that it could be done by using a SQL command on DB!
Can someone indicate the SQL command to do it?
Thanks in advanced
J 4.4.4; VM 4.2.6; PHP 8.3.6

capewellmj

Synchronizing the order number and order ID is easy. I assume you have the order number plugin. Check out the FAQ number 2. You just set the order number value in the database to the last order ID.

http://www.open-tools.net/component/content/article.html?id=41

My problem is that it skipped and became unsynchronized.

Milbo

Why they should be the same?

Actually you just open hackers the doors.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

capewellmj

It makes managing customers and orders a lot easier when you have sequential order numbers for them. When the orderid and order number is synchronized it makes referencing them easier because they are the same.

However if it is a security risk then it might not be worth it, I had no idea that it was.

How does an order id and order number being the same invite hackers?

Martin