News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Attempting to Create New Product Layout

Started by brandonmhill, August 07, 2014, 19:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandonmhill

Joomla! 2.5.17
VirtueMart 2.6.6
PHP version 5.4.30
SEF is currently OFF

Hello,

I have installed Virtuemart 2.6.6 on Joomla 2.5. I am using a specific template for the website. I have the product categories set and styled the way I want them. I am having difficulties trying to change the style of the product detail page through "Product layout" in VM Configuration.

I have been reading that you can override templates by adding the following to the default Joomla template "your_template/html/com_virtuemart/subfolder/default.php" which I have done, however I can't seem to choose this in Product layout.

What I really want to do is take only the product page from an VM template and use it for the store in my existing template.

Currently I do not have an add to cart button, prices, or a drop down of sizes for products. My product details page is only showing the product photo and description. I suspect it must have something to do with the product details theme. I have checked all configurations and am not using the shop in catalog mode so I'm not sure why I am unable to see the add to cart section.

Can I please get some hints on how to add additional Product layout options or edit the default existing theme?

I have attached a screen shot of my current configuration and product page showing no purchasing options.

Thank you very much in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

AH

what template are you taking the productdeatails (default.php)

override to product page go in here:-

\templates\your-template\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\

Copy all of the files you want to override from the existing:-

\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

brandonmhill

Thank you for the reply.

I copied the files from a free VM template I found called "Horme".

I have copied the files as you stated to the directories I have created on my current site. I set the configuration accordingly to have the correct default shop template. Still, I am not seeing the Virtuemart pages reflecting any changes. They do not look like the template demo I saw.

Could I be missing stylesheet files or are there any other methods of installing a VM template without changing the entire look and feel of my site? My goal is to keep my site the same design and current template, only using the shop pages with the style I saw with the Horne demo. Here is the demo for reference: http://horme.virtuemarttemplates.eu/

In Virtuemart 1, I was able to copy over theme files and I could use whatever site template I wished. I am trying to educate myself on how I can attempt this in Virtuemart 2.

Thanks again for the help!

AH

There will be css and possibly javascript

You could try contacting the theme developers

You cannot adopt the vm1  theme approach as it is very different in vm2
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0