Version 2.9.8 on Joomla 3.3.1 List of Bugs

Started by awowy, July 14, 2014, 06:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awowy

Hi

Not sure how this test area works but here are a few bugs.
Using Joomla 3.3.1 with Virtuemart 2.9.8,  PHP Version  5.4.30, Mysql  5.1.73-log

On Test Site #1:

• The only way to install Virtuemart Component and AIO without errors was with "install from directory" option. Using "Upload package option" gave a black page.
  • Adding the first product gave no error messages, but a blank page afterwards. The "new" product shows as listed, but there is no way to edit it, or even delete it. Clicking on its link in the admin area goes to a blank page.
  • Admin Products Area lost all formatting after adding that one product, also the buttons for "publish, unpublish, edit, new, delete, help, permissions" are Gone in that area! Notice I am using default template.
  • My Front Shop is also a Blank page now, all I can see is the Manufacturers, and the categories do not show up.
  • I tried to Edit a Category Image, I could not Delete it or replace it. I had to delete that category and create a new one. Notice that I was able to Edit another category image prior this one with success.
  • Cannot add a Vendor. After selecting a Country, the next Dropdown List for "State / Province / Region " shows nothing but the "Please Select" option, so I canĀ“t proceed. I tried selecting several countries, no luck. If I try to save changes, I get the following error:
IN BLUE BOX:
Notice
Missing value for State / Province / Region
Vendor data stored

IN RED BOX:
vmError: Was not able to save the VirtueMart user data

On Test Site #2:
I was able to setup the store with 2 categories, 2 products, 2 manufacturers, 1 vendor. And I got the following Front Store Errors:
1. Got random Blank pages in Admin Area while trying to Add products and categories but reloading the page usually worked fine.
2. Tried to send  "Ask Question"  form from both product pages, gave me the following error and did not sent the message:
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type JUser as array in mywebdirectory/components/com_virtuemart/views/askquestion/view.html.php on line 189
3. On Check Out it gave the following error, and the Order does not get created, no emails are sent and the Shopping Cart remains the same.
TCPDF ERROR: Unable to create output file: mywebdirectory/htdocs/vmfiles/invoices/vminvoice_140713c5801.pdf

Notice: on all errors I proceed to delete the cache from Site and Browser, showed no different outcome.

Hope this helps somehow  ;)

Milbo

I am sorry, but your error messages point on a broken installation, or better said wrong file rights.

The installation works on j3.3. Vm3 got already more than 1000 times installed on j3.3. Also the last error with tcpdf shows that there are problems with your file permissions.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

GJC Web Design

Agreed - a clean install of comp & AOI on J3.3.1 via the Joomla installer runs fine
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

awowy

:o  Ok,  I will try a clean install and check files rights before testing again, and see what happens this time :)

Thanks for pointing that out

I really want VM to work with Joomla 3 so thats why I decided to give it a try

alin

About "Missing value for State / Province / Region"

You can make this info not to be required on the configuration page.