News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Pricing Override ignores Custom Field Calculation

Started by crashtackle, July 03, 2014, 15:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balai

QuoteI also don't want to apply calculation rules to custom field prices
I think that it needs a small customization to do that.
If you want to avoid hacking the core you can use a plugin for your custom fields and do it work like that.

servlet

Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

lindapowers

Is there a workaround this problem?

I understand that "override final price" should override the finale sales price, can't argue there but Is really a problem with custom fields if you have added prices or minus on those.

AH

Why are you choosing to "override final price" for these products?

As LP has noted - That is what the feature is intended to do - i.e. Set the final price of the product regardless of other considerations

My simple suggestion would be not to use "override final price" for your products that have customfields

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

And Max has mentioned a few times that this is sort of a dirty leftover from very early versions and shouldn't really be used unless you really really want this to be the price.. full stop

the taxes & calc rules can achieve just about any discount or price manipulation u can think of
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

lindapowers

Have you guys tried doing discounts for 1 or 2 products with taxes and calculation rules?

You have to create a discount, filter it per category to reduce your work.

Then in each single product in that category you will have to change the "apply generic rules" to "do not apply rules" which in our case is a lot of work and in cases of 600 -1000 products or more is a nightmare.

Please tell me there is an easier way or im just doing it wrong cause that way is not user friendly to create discounts.

A simple final override in the product price doest the job in 1 minute.

And I have not tested it but a user here also mentions that even with a discount rule he encounters the same situation where custom fields are override by the discount.

Regards

AH

LP
QuoteA simple final override in the product price doest the job in 1 minute.

It can work as long as you consider that this is a fixed FINAL price

However - just to ensure that we are in no doubt

Override Price - Overrides the price that will be charged for the item you are buying - That is what it is intended to do (as you noted in your earlier post)

QuoteHave you guys tried doing discounts for 1 or 2 products with taxes and calculation rules?

Yes - it works very well and takes a fractional amount of time to assign a product to an additional control category (in this case - one that gives a discount)

This also allows you to view the products in this discount category in one easy view - Not sure that is very easy to do with those "overrides"

QuotePlease tell me there is an easier way or im just doing it wrong cause that way is not user friendly to create discounts.

This might help you:-
http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/207-categories.html

Quoteeven with a discount rule he encounters the same situation where custom fields are override by the discount

That depends on how you have your products configured

If you are using customfields that are a + or - from a the base price you can use discounts that apply to the base price

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

Your post was really helpfull for me AH,

I think I got you, basicly you create an unpublished category, what you call control or dummy categories for discounts and when you create the discount you apply it to that category. Then you assign the product also to that category, makes sense so it inherits the rule.

About the custom fields yes we use + and - for price in some so it makes sense that the discount is on the base price, ill have to test all this thanks.

Regards

AH

LP

Yep I think you understand the use of dummy control categories

Give them a go

:)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0