News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

small script for xls-export from vm-data-warehouse, maybe someone need it ...

Started by slammy, June 23, 2014, 11:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slammy

Hi community,

don´t know if this is the right place to post my small script here, if not, pls move it to the right board.
Sometimes I like to use my data (products, stock_level, prices) in a data_sheet like excel to aggregate amounts or to do other calculation with the data. Therefore I use this following small script to export my vm-product-data to an xls-based sheet which I can work on with openoffice or ms-office for example.

Maybe someone of you like to do the same, a button at the vm-datawarehouse-tablebased-list would be fine to call the script and do the export, but I am not experienced enough to do that in the core. What I do is calling the script manually and get my export into xls ...

create a new php file with following contents (define your own db-connection and db_prefix in the sql!) and save it:

<?php

// use connection
$link mysql_connect('your mysql-server or socket''your db-user''your-db-password');
if (!
$link) {
    die(
'Connection not possible : ' mysql_error());
}

// use database
$db_selected mysql_select_db('your-db-name'$link);
if (!
$db_selected) {
    die (
'Kann foo nicht benutzen : ' mysql_error());
}

// do the SQL-Statement (of course u can upgrade the SQL with own field-definitions and more joined tables ...)  
// don´t forget to change <hgm89> to your own table-prefix in the sql!)

$select="SELECT hgm89_virtuemart_products.virtuemart_product_id, product_in_stock, product_price, product_name from hgm89_virtuemart_products 
LEFT JOIN (hgm89_virtuemart_product_prices, hgm89_virtuemart_products_de_de) 
ON (hgm89_virtuemart_products.virtuemart_product_id=hgm89_virtuemart_product_prices.virtuemart_product_id AND  hgm89_virtuemart_products.virtuemart_product_id=hgm89_virtuemart_products_de_de.virtuemart_product_id) "
;

$export mysql_query($select); 
$fields mysql_num_fields($export);  

for (
$i 0$i $fields$i++) { 

$header .= mysql_field_name($export$i) . "\t"
}  

while(
$row mysql_fetch_row($export)) { 

$line ''
    foreach(
$row as $value) {                                             
        if ((!isset(
$value)) OR ($value == "")) { 

$value "\t"
        } else { 

$value str_replace('"''""'$value); 

$value '"' $value '"' "\t"
        } 

$line .= $value
    } 

$data .= trim($line)."\n"

$data str_replace("\r","",$data); 

if (
$data == "") { 

$data "\n(0) Records Found!\n";                         
}  

header("Content-type: application/octet-stream"); 
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=warehouse_extraction_datasheet.xls"); 
header("Pragma: no-cache"); 
header("Expires: 0"); 
print 
"$header\n$data";

?>

regards jens

AH

My recommendation is not to put any code that store db passwords and connections in live, that is pretty insecure

Instead why not create local copies of the database for reporting and then work on them using heidisql  http://www.heidisql.com/

Using "offline" data and direct local connections via either Heidisql or Excel ODBC will save you having to write specific code, reduces live server load and is Extremely flexible!

Updating the local dbase with a live db dump, takes seconds in heidisql.

Using heidisql, in many cases" will save you having to write specific code to get data as you can save the SQL result directly to a CSV file from heidisql

You can also build "snippets" of sql for re-use

you could connect to the database using the mysql odbc connector then create a report using excel and mysql

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-odbc-configuration-dsn-windows.html
excel data connections

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/overview-of-connecting-to-importing-data-HP010342748.aspx#BMunderstanding_data_connections
and

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/overview-of-connecting-to-importing-data-HP010342748.aspx

I hope this helps you and  anyone out there that wants to get to the data and really get to grips with their store.

Give it a go.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

slammy

Quote from: Hutson on June 23, 2014, 13:08:22 PM
My recommendation is not to put any code that store db passwords and connections in live, that is pretty insecure

pls explain to me the difference to configuratipn.php where all these informations are on every livesite, thank you.
regards jens

AH

Quotepls explain to me the difference to configuratipn.php where all these informations are on every livesite

"every livesite" are you sure???

That is your second security hole  :'(

If you have read around the security tightening of VM.  You may have seen that most technical users "hide" the contents of the configuration.php from direct access

Details should not be in your public_html directory, you place them in a file below this directory and call this file using

configuration.php

<?php
require( dirname__FILE__ ) . '/../joomla.conf' );
?>

The original contents of configuration.php are stored in the joomla.conf file

You can also use this technique to store the db details outside of your code.

I hope this makes sense and will help you.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

configuration.php is (or certainally should be) 400 attributes meaning it is only readable by the owner  (php process)

By having the details in a file that is normally 644 "could" leave you open to a hacker reading them by various means

Your script can be useful bit it would be better to incl. the joomla framework -
something like :

define( 'DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR );
$rootFolder = explode(DS,dirname(__FILE__));
//current level in directory structure
$currentfolderlevel = 1;
array_splice($rootFolder,-$currentfolderlevel);
$base_folder = implode(DS,$rootFolder);
if(!is_dir($base_folder.DS.'libraries'.DS.'joomla')) exit('Error: Could not loaded Joomla.');
define( '_JEXEC', 1 );
define('JPATH_BASE',implode(DS,$rootFolder));
// Include the Joomla framework
require_once ( JPATH_BASE .DS.'includes'.DS.'defines.php' );
require_once ( JPATH_BASE .DS.'includes'.DS.'framework.php' );
$application  = JFactory::getApplication('site');
$application ->initialise();
$db = JFactory::getDbo();

then you can use standard (safe) Joomla calls

e.g.
$query = $db->getQuery(true);
$query
->select('name')
->from($db->quoteName('#__users'))
->where('id=45');
$db->setQuery($query);
$result = $db->loadResult() ;
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

slammy

Hi Hutson and GJC,

man I didn´t knew the facts. Thank you for explaining to me. I will do it the way you described to me hutson.
I thought I would be safe using chmod 500 on configuration.php and my script in a subfolder (of course I protected the Sub with htacess) ...
thank you for your posts and interest! I appreciate the help!
regards jens