News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Child product not created successfully

Started by TADS, May 13, 2014, 13:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TADS

Good Morning all,

i have been creating a shop for a customer that we have to have around 6 child products for each product. we have only added around 30 products and most do have 4-6 child products.... but when creating a new product now it will not let me create any child products... i get the error

i am using Joomla 2.5.19 and VirtueMart 2.6.0a

everything was fine until last night when i could not create any more children.

We are using Generic child variant Custom Field to show stock of each of the children.

Hope someone can help.

Kev

TADS

it has just let me crate one child, and now back to the same error again! Dam this is annoying.

Milbo

you may try another alias for testing. Else send me a pn with an export of your vm tables.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

TADS

Thanks for the reply Milbo,

We have already tried to change it but no luck not even on new products... i have sent you a pm

thanks.

TADS

We are facing the same problem again... this time after the customer has taken his store over and started to add the rest f his products....

The last time it was our fault and user error but i have check the products and i can not see any problems.

Hope someone can help her.

Kev

TADS

i have also updated joomla to 2.5.20 still using VM 2.6.4

still can not add child products

Hoping someone can please help me out... this is a live site and it has broken while our client has it live :(

Many Thanks

roojai

I am suffering from the same problem.

I was able to add child products without problem but I recently upgraded to VM2.6.4 and also started to use two languages (not sure if related to languages).

Now if I try to create a child product I get the message:

vmError: Database error: createChild Duplicate entry '1' for key 'slug' SQL=INSERT INTO `****_virtuemart_products_en_gb` (`virtuemart_product_id`,`slug`) VALUES ("0","1");
vmError: Database error: createChild Duplicate entry '1' for key 'slug' SQL=INSERT INTO `****_virtuemart_products_zh_tw` (`virtuemart_product_id`,`slug`) VALUES ("0","1");

I cannot assign a different SKU or alias as there is no opportunity - I can't even get to that point.

Thanks for any help

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum