News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Related Products error

Started by microtribe, January 22, 2014, 20:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

microtribe

Hello,

I'm getting the related products error "related product is missing, maybe unpublished" in my logs. I have two problems. The first is that I have no way of knowing which products this refers to, so I have no way of correcting it. The admin area let's me link unpublished products to products for sale, and there is no indication that the product is unpublished. This is a flaw in my opinion. If a product is unpublished, it should be automatically removed from the Related Products area of a product, and it should not be available to be selected. OR it should be indicated in some way that it is unpublished. Otherwise when in my situation, and trying to find out which products are causing the problem, there is no way of knowing, even if I go through them one by one, without having hundreds of product statuses memorized.

The second problem, is that the log file did not exist in the first place. I had to create it - com_virtuemart.log.php. I had installed VM in a subdirectory before launching. And VM wanted the log file to be placed in that directory, even though my launch is in the main directory. So somewhere VM is making a call to that old subdirectory that didn't exist (until I recreated it). I searched the database and could not find a reference to the subdirectory. But there clearly is one somewhere. Where would I find that so I can correct it?

Thanks,
Tony

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=117151.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

Just found this old post when I searched if anybody has had the same problem I just encountered. I had: "vmError: related product is missing, maybe unpublished my-Product-Name id: 246". The solution is simple. Go to the product which VM includes in the message, then click on the 'Custom Fields' tab. In the 'Related Products' section you should see one or more of those 'Related Products' of which you might have deleted or unpublished one or all. Remove that deleted or unpublished product from the 'Related Products' section and the error message should be gone.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

borro

Quote from: jjk on May 18, 2014, 20:40:41 PM
Just found this old post when I searched if anybody has had the same problem I just encountered. I had: "vmError: related product is missing, maybe unpublished my-Product-Name id: 246". The solution is simple. Go to the product which VM includes in the message, then click on the 'Custom Fields' tab. In the 'Related Products' section you should see one or more of those 'Related Products' of which you might have deleted or unpublished. Remove that deleted or unpublished product from the 'Related Products' section and the error message should be gone.
Hello. As Milbo said only administrator can see this message. So we don't have to give our attention to it. I hope his words are actual for VM 2.6.2
Wish you happiness!