News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal seems stuck in Sandbox mode

Started by FelixR, May 07, 2014, 19:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixR

Dear All,

Seem to have come across something cannot seem to figure out.
Ver I am running in signature below

I attach 2 screen shots of the paypal config screens one on a live site that is working correctly and another from a site i am working on currently that seems to be stuck in sandbox mode and has a very different config screen to the one working correctly.

I have tried to reinstall aio plugins and seem to install OK - have deleted payment method re-created it but still keep getting the same config screen.
I am using just the basic paypal checkout method. Plugins are published

Any suggestions welcome

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Pete Rossetti
Perfect Hosts
Chester UK

Currently using VM3.0.14 on Joomla 3.4.8

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FelixR

"All you need to do on the config page for Standard payment is to select Standard under basic parameters and then enter the Merchant Email which is further down the page - remove any other entries you have made. You will still see the warning message on the current plugin version, but ignore it as it is intended for the other PayPal methods. Make sure the method is published and away you go. The Sandbox message will then go away."

I tried this but no joy nothing changes - still shows the same config screen - sandbox mode even though production is selected

I attach the drop- down there you select the payment type - I notice it says just Paypal not VM Payment Paypal - beginning to think something up with the installation as the shop tab is displaying as one page not tabbed across the top.

:(

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Pete Rossetti
Perfect Hosts
Chester UK

GJC Web Design

On a clean upgrade 2.0.26 ->2.6 (all working fine) my dropdown list is quite different to yours..

But I think your javascript isn't working...

Your screen of the method shows all the toggle boxes open

e.g. when you flip between sandbox and production the table row showing the    
Warning - PayPal is set in sandbox mode. No real money is transferred and this is not suitable for live sites

flips open and closed by jquery  - display none/display block

and below all the fields for the api etc should be display none if your on standard

check your console for JS errors -- have you tested the method? I think if your've selected production it will work - just the message isn't hidden

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

FelixR

Pete Rossetti
Perfect Hosts
Chester UK