Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product in various types with different codes EAN and SKU

Started by smithpl, May 05, 2014, 16:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithpl

Hi,
I have a question:
I have the one product - for example gloves. this product exist in various colors and sizes ( for example )
SKU: GLO-002-M  (gloves red and size M ) EAN 48564534534
SKU: GLO-004-S  (gloves pink and size S ) EAN 48756756874

So, I would like to have in my online shop 1 products when I can select size and color.
In order, I would like to get specific SKU and EAN which is related with selected color and size of product.

How should I do it in virtuemart2 ?

It's very imported because I need to integrate online shop and orders with sales system in my office.

jenkinhill

In VM2.6 you can enter SKU and EAN for each product
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

smithpl

Thanks for answer but it's not resolve problem.

I know that We can add SKU and EAN to product.
Problem is that I would like to have in my shop ( for example ) one product "Gloves".
When you go into details of product you can see colors and sizes.

When you select color and size and do order - system should select proper SKU and EAN for this kind of product.

in backend of virtuemart there should be able to set what SKU and EAN have adequate colors and size.

When I get products from manufacture, I get product in different sizes and adequate SKU for size.
I have to have possibility export products to virtuemart.

I do not want to be online 20 products differing only in size or color.
It must be a product feature that selects the customer.

I hope that my descriptions is more clear :-)

smithpl

Probably I found solution with one "but"... :-)

- I've made parent product named Glove
- next I've made 3 child products  with different name, photo and SKU code
- I've create custom field (Generic child variant) color option and another one as Alias ( to change alias of child product in order )
- custom died "Color" I've added to parent product in custom product tab with value Product SKU
- custom field "Alias" I've added to parent product in custom product tab ( as hidden value ) with value Product Alias

Now it's look better but I have other question:

- When I try to buy product as customer on product page, I get information ( button ) "first select product variant". How to select which child product ( variant ) is default?
- How to add custom field "Generic child variant" with Product EAN similar as Alias or Color?

jenkinhill

You probably have to extend the capabilities in product selection so extra fields can be used. Maybe use something like this - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123699.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

smithpl

thanks for info, I think this extension will be suitable for me :-)