News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2.9.1 - Bugs and problems

Started by wajcha001, May 02, 2014, 16:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wajcha001

Hello,

I made new topic due some discussion about suggestions in previous one. Sorry  ::)

VirtueMart 2.9.1 from http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/702/com_virtuemart.2.9.1_extract_first.zip
Apache 2.4.3/PHP 5.4.7/MySQL 5.5.27
Testing on clean Joomla 3.3.0 Stable (template: Protostar)

When VirtueMart Cart module published I'm getting following error:

http://localhost/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/assets/js/update_cart.js 404 (Not Found)
pattern-caps-detail:31

... and I think it should to be http://localhost/j330vm291/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/assets/js/update_cart.js

It seems like missing baseURL somewhere.

Thanks

wajcha001

Quick fix about above (maybe not the best one ;) ):

File: /modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.php
Line: 14:
$doc->addScript("/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/assets/js/update_cart.js");

I replaced it with:
$doc->addScript("modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/assets/js/update_cart.js");

Thanks

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

wajcha001

Milbo thanks. I sent you a reply via PM.

wajcha001

Hello,

VirtueMart Products Module

Language Variables (for example: COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO) doesn't work when a product module is published for example on Joomla Front Page or other default Joomla page (for example: Using Joomla! from the default Joomla sample content). When I open a VirtueMart product details page or other VirtueMart page (module has been assigned to all pages) then variable works and I see "Add to cart" instead of COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO.

This bugs appears only if a VirtueMart Front Page menu item is published.

Thanks

wajcha001

Additionally in Joomla Administrator Panel in the top menu VirtueMart menu item changed the name to menu item alias name and drop down menu stop working.
When I removed VirtueMart front page menu item from my menu then VirtueMart menu item works again in Joomla Admin Panel.
I checked this issue on 2 different J3.3 and VirtueMart 2.9.1 installations on different servers.

Also, when I click PDF icon in product details I'm getting a white screen. No errors or warnings - just white screen. I have set an Errors reporting to Maximum.

Thanks

zbig

Welcome. I installed VM 2.9.1, Joomla 3.3.0, PHP Version 5.3.27.
For menu items I can not add VM Category layout
I choose in "Menu Item Type *" - "Category Layout"
After selecting this option, I have an empty box in the "Select a Category"
Of course, I assumed categories, but the menu item does not see them.
Categories I have as "Published". What's going on?

wajcha001

Product Details page - prices

There is some problem with price update. When I select an option from custom field a price should be automatically updated with an additional charge. For example Jumper product from the default VirtueMart sample data; I select L +12,00€ and nothing change. The main price is still the same. This was working properly in 2.6 and below.

Thanks

CatsEye

Hi All

We are doing some testing:

The Custom Fields are not working correctly. Custom fields can be created, but when adding them to a product, the addition and information entered is not saved.

This applies to both Custom Fields native to Virtuemart (i.e. Related products) and User created custom fields.

Milbo

Quote from: wajcha001 on May 03, 2014, 09:59:24 AM

Language Variables (for example: COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO) doesn't work when a product module is published for example on Joomla Front Page or other default Joomla page (for example: Using Joomla! from the default Joomla sample content). When I open a VirtueMart product details page or other VirtueMart page (module has been assigned to all pages) then variable works and I see "Add to cart" instead of COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO.

I was not able to reproduce this

Quote from: zbig on May 04, 2014, 12:27:13 PM
For menu items I can not add VM Category layout
Thanks, was already reported. Is fixed in svn.

Quote from: wajcha001 on May 04, 2014, 11:30:07 AM
Additionally in Joomla Administrator Panel in the top menu VirtueMart menu item changed the name to menu item alias name and drop down menu stop working.
When I removed VirtueMart front page menu item from my menu then VirtueMart menu item works again in Joomla Admin Panel.
I am sorry, I do not really understand what you did.

Quote from: wajcha001 on May 04, 2014, 11:30:07 AM
Also, when I click PDF icon in product details I'm getting a white screen. No errors or warnings - just white screen. I have set an Errors reporting to Maximum.
You must enable the vmdebug. I am going to change it. The reason is that there are people who think it makes sense to have error reporting activated in a live shop. They do not understand the difference between strict standard, notice, warning, error and fatal errors. For some people it is always "there is an error".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

wajcha001

I was not able to reproduce this

I have done following:
1. Published Product Module to all the pages (till now everything works properly)
2. In Menus > Main Menu I added new menu item (type: VirtueMart FrontPage)

Once I added VirtueMart Front Page menu item to my main menu following happen:
1. VirtueMart menu in Joomla Backend main menu stop working. Instead of VirtueMart I see virtuemart-frontpage (which I think is actually an alias of my VirtueMart FrontPage link)
2. Language variables for VirtueMart Products module not working any more.

You must enable the vmdebug. I am going to change it. The reason is that there are people who think it makes sense to have error reporting activated in a live shop. They do not understand the difference between strict standard, notice, warning, error and fatal errors. For some people it is always "there is an error".

I turned on vmdebug and I'm getting following error now:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method TCPDF::AliasNbPages() in \htdocs\j330vm291\libraries\joomla\document\pdf\pdf.php on line 230

CatsEye

Hi

I hope I am posting in the correct place.

Working on a new installation of VM2.9.1.

If I try add a payment method and 'Save', I get the following error:
SQL=SELECT `virtuemart_currency_id` AS value ,CONCAT_WS(" ",`currency_name`,`currency_symbol`) as text FROM `wtij3_virtuemart_currencies` WHERE `virtuemart_currency_id` IN () and (`virtuemart_vendor_id` = "1" OR `shared`="1") AND published = "1" ORDER BY `ordering`,`currency_name`

Thank you :)

CatsEye

Quote from: CatsEye on May 05, 2014, 11:15:15 AM
Hi All

We are doing some testing:

The Custom Fields are not working correctly. Custom fields can be created, but when adding them to a product, the addition and information entered is not saved.

@Milbo, I was wondering if you have covered this yet in your development.

Have a great day and thanks for everything

This applies to both Custom Fields native to Virtuemart (i.e. Related products) and User created custom fields.

Following on to this, we also dont seem to have "Cart Variant' available in the drop downs.

wajcha001

Not sure if this was already mentioned. There is a small problem with an images on a cart. What I did is following:

1. Go to Components > VirtueMart -- Configuration tab
2. Open 'Checkout' tab
3. Select 'Show product images' and click Save button

What happened after I selected Save button is following:
1. The 'Show product images' check box is still unchecked
2. An images on cart view does not appear

Thanks

wajcha001

Hello,

there is another problem. When I tried to use VirtueMart Manufacturer module I received following error:

Warning: require(\xampp\htdocs\j330vm291\test3/administrator/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \xampp\htdocs\j330vm291\test3\modules\mod_virtuemart_manufacturer\helper.php on line 16

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '\xampp\htdocs\j330vm291\test3/administrator/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php' (include_path='.;\xampp\php\PEAR') in \xampp\htdocs\j330vm291\test3\modules\mod_virtuemart_manufacturer\helper.php on line 16

Thanks