News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2.9.2 - Bugs and problems

Started by wajcha001, May 08, 2014, 14:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wajcha001

Hello everyone,

I made new topic for 2.9.2. Hope it's ok ;)

Couple of minor bugs from me today :)

VirtueMart 2.9.2: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/706/com_virtuemart.2.9.2_extract_first.zip
Joomla 3.3.0
Clean Installation with sample Joomla content and sample VirtueMart content
Apache 2.4.3/PHP 5.4.7/MySQL 5.5.27
Joomla Template: Protostar and Beez3

1. Back-end: VirtueMart Menu now works properly once Front Page menu item is assigned but there is still CSS issue with drop down items on back-end. Please see attached image.
When I removed "icon-16-menu-icon16-categories" class from an A tag using my developer toolbar it works properly.

2. Back-end: Extensions > Module Manager. There are missing language variables in VirtueMart Cart module, VirtueMArt Currencies Selector, VirtueMart Manufacturer and VirtueMart Categories Module

3. Back-end/Front-end: Components > VirtueMart --- Configuration > Checkout tab ---> "Show product images" option now works on back-end but when it is selected an images does not appear

4. Front-end: Cart > Add/Edit billing address information: I noticed this problem also before but was sure it was already reported. Maybe I was wrong ;) Anyway, there is missing checkbox for "I agree to the Terms of Service" field

5. Front-end: Product Details - Recommend to a friend (Email) - missing language variables

Tha... tha... that's all from me for now :)

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

CasperH

Also installed VM 2.9.2 with J3.3, clean installation.

I can confirm the icons/menu being slightly weird in the css area but its perfectly functional.

Issue 1.

When attempting to save the shop configuration, it does not state correctly that its missing the "country". I get the following message:

Invalid field:  First Name

Invalid field:  Last Name

Invalid field:  Address 1

Invalid field:  Zip / Postal Code

Invalid field:  City

Invalid field:

Edit, also, it does not become red marked like the other letters. See image.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

CasperH

Quote from: CasperH on May 08, 2014, 19:35:03 PM

I can confirm the icons/menu being slightly weird in the css area but its perfectly functional.

Issue 1.

When attempting to save the shop configuration, it does not state correctly that its missing the "country". I get the following message:

Invalid field:

Upon saving I get the following alarm message:

Error

vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_vendors_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at vendor_store_name for auto slug creation is given

wajcha001

Quote from: CasperH on May 08, 2014, 19:40:55 PM
Quote from: CasperH on May 08, 2014, 19:35:03 PM

Issue 1.

Invalid field:

Upon saving I get the following alarm message:

Error

vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_vendors_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at vendor_store_name for auto slug creation is given

I have a little different situation. When I type all the data and click Save all fields are empty but a message box says "User data stored"

vmdebug $siteLang: en-GB self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb

vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.0039370059967041

vmdebug Start used Ram 4.5M

vmdebug validateUserData my country 222 my state 65

vmdebug vendor recognised 1

vmdebug no multivendor, set virtuemart_vendor_id = 1

vmdebug my Final slugName slug

vmdebug vmTime: VirtueMartControllerUser Finished task user: 0.361829042434692

vmdebug End used Ram 8.25M

vmdebug Peak memory peak 8.25M

vmdebug $siteLang: en-GB self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb

vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.00388503074645996

vmdebug Start used Ram 4.5M

vmdebug getUserInfoInUserFields Var1:

Super User
vmdebug vmTime: VirtueMartControllerUser Finished task user: 0.364542007446289

vmdebug End used Ram 10.25M

vmdebug Peak memory peak 10.25M

Notice
User data stored

Vendor data stored

wajcha001

I'm not sure if it was already reported (during 2.9.1 testing) but there is yet a problem with Tools > Logs.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vRequest::getWord() in \xampp\htdocs\vm3\test5\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\views\log\view.html.php on line 44

Also, just a quick note ... actually not a bug but IMO functional issue.
When you open 'Tax & Calculation Rules' and select New to add new rule - the default value for Currency is set to 'Euro' and the whole select is very short. It is difficult to read the other values on select drop down until you select some other option (ie. Afghan afghani). It would be good to add some min-width attribute to chzn-... CSS. I just tried with .chzn-container, .chzn-drop - in my dev toolbar I added min-width: 200px; and the whole select box looks better and all values on drop down are visible. Bootstrap uses 206px for input/textarea fields width by the default and I see that select fields are set to 180px but it seems these fields does not pick up these rules.

Sorry guys, I just had to report this issue - it may pissed someone off ;)

wajcha001

Milbo,

any news about another testing release?

Thanks