News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Duplicate orders & payments

Started by Robert_ITMan, May 02, 2014, 15:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.A. Garrison, LLC

I just followed through this entire thread.
I've been dealing with the duplicate orders for a couple of months, which is around the time I updated to 2.6.6

100% of what HotRod was going through and described is what I experienced.

However, my settings were (and are still) exactly as Tophatco stated as what he uses.

So I agree with HotRod that this thread was marked "Solved" prematurely.
I don't see anything from anybody stating that, in fact, all the described issues are resolved.

My duplicates are intermittent.
I could have none for a couple of weeks, then 2 back-to-back.

"I" kept thinking it was people clicking the confirmation button twice.
So I implemented the code that was in the "other" thread for the cart.php file.
I added the code July 14. The "next" duplicate order was on July 16.

There were another 2 August 3.
So obviously the updated code didn't work.

I'm going to upgrade to 2.6.7 and "pray" that the duplicates stop.

I also have the issue with the confirmation when the credit card has been declined. Several customers complain that they got a confirmation at the site, but nothing via E-mail and wanted to know if the order was actually completed.
Let's hope 2.6.7 fixes all the issues.

If there is any feedback on the upgrade either working or not, please...post something. "I" will after I get the install completed.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

tophatco

Quote from: LTCreations on August 08, 2014, 21:03:54 PM
If there is any feedback on the upgrade either working or not, please...post something. "I" will after I get the install completed.

46 live orders, and quite a few test orders with 2.6.7 and no duplicates.  The most orders I ever had without duplicates before 2.6.7 was 20.  Usually it was 15 or less, sometimes back to back I would get duplicates.

welizondo

Solved with v 2.6.7
Thanks.

VirtueMart 2.6.7
PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.24
Joomla! 2.5.20

manovit03

I have updated to the latest version of VM 2.6.8 and the issue is till there.. today my orders got doubled again

can you please tell me what is the issue now?

stensbo

Using Joomla 2.5.20, Multi language (only DK in VM), Beez20 copy template, Virtuemart 2.6.8, PHP Version 5.3.27. VM overrides.
Joomla site is live - danrider.dk -  but VM shop is only for registered shopper.

Overrides is updated.

Double orders almost always comes from the same customers.

Have had double orders - some with different order no. - some with same order no. but always with same order status, confirmed by customer.
CHANGED...After upgrade to 2.6.8 the first order came from a  "double order customer"  - received 2 emails with same order/order no. with different order status, pending and confirmed by customer -BUT only 1 order was created in BE.

Milbo

dammit, cant be true, eh?

is the confirm button greyed out, if you confirm? Which payment do you use?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

stensbo

Just tried to make 2 orders and yes confirm button greyed out - have a test site - tried also  1 order here - turned on beez 20 to be sure I haven't overlooked something in my overrides and it is the same here - received 2 emails with same order/order no. 1 says pending in subject and 1 says confirmed in subject - only 1 order is created in BE with status confirmed by shopper.

Our customer use the shop as a ordering system and buy on account so we only use the built in standard - no payment is needed by ordering.

Default Order Status to send email to shopper in config is set to : confirmed by shopper, canceled, refunded, shipped.

Milbo

do you get two emails or do you see two orders in the system?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

amanche

Quote from: Milbo on August 26, 2014, 13:53:28 PM

Quote from: Milbo on August 26, 2014, 13:53:28 PM

Hi,

possibly I have the same problem with after an update to vm2.6.8 (on j2.5.24, tested with beez20)

There are no double orders but the order shows the attached info for sent notifications. But I still receive the first notification.
In my case the emails are different. Only one with text infront of shipment and tax prices.

In table virtuemart_order_histories are two lines with the same created_on time and a different customer_notified as in backend.

Achim

[attachment cleanup by admin]

stensbo

I get two emails ( for the same order) and see 1 order in the system

manovit03

Im Getting 2 same orders, i got that even after updating to VM 2.6.8

We have custom VM template under HTML folder of Joomla custom, do you think if it requires any changes there?

Regards,
Manoj

manovit03

Please check the attached screenshot for reference, we are using the standard offline credit card payment..

amanche

Hi,

I've done some more test with a vm 2.6.8 full install and nothing changed works well.

In this case I got only the vendor and shopper email but in virtuemart_order_histories there are still two entries for an order with the same time (see attachment).
This works because in configuration.checkout P (order_status_code) ist not selected to send a confirmation email (only U for COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_BY_SHOPPER ist selected for an email).

The configuration of my shop uses the P in both entries an P is also selected to send an email ... so this should the problem.

But I'm wondering wether there are in vm 2.6.8 this two entries and why is the customer_notified value in my case wrong.
In vm 2.0.24c there is only on entry after checkout.

Trying a different stock handling rule for P (changed from Is_reserved to Is_available) has no effect.

Regards, Achim

amanche

Hi,

I just like to answer my former questions, even if that is no answer to the inital problem of this thread. But there are similar questions that lead to this thread.

After reading this thread twice I understand (hopefully right), that the two entries in the orders history belong to a fix for double orders after checkout. So in my case the problem was in the configuration of the default order state in the payments. I used the state "pending" in an old fashion way that works for vm 2.0.24c and earlier with only one entry in orders history.

After making a new order state for my workflow and applied that to the payments, removing the pending state from sending email all works as in vm 2.0.24c.

Regards, Achim

padalec

I am also getting two emails as a shopper and as vendor.

When I make a purchase on my test site I get two emails; one as PENDING ORDER and one as CONFIRMED BY SHOPPER (also vendor's email gets the same order statuses).

I did some try/error testing and I found that it has to be related to "payment methods" based on scenario below:

- I have one STANDARD PAYMENT METHOD.
- I changed the "Order Status for Pending transactions" in payment configuration (from CONFIRMED AS SHOPPER -> WHATEVER).
- one of the two emails I get as SHOPPER and as VENDOR change order status to "WHATEVER"
- the second email still shows the order status PENDING

All this happened after update to VM 2.6.8. It seems that for each order there is one email send for order status PENDING by default!?

Any ideas?

I use Joomla 2.5.24, I also use Interamind VM emails manager (disabled while I was testing the scenario above) and vm one page check out (also disabled while testing the scenario above).