News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Duplicate orders & payments

Started by Robert_ITMan, May 02, 2014, 15:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

That's too bad.. 
The only difference from my set us.. is I only have guest check out.  I'm not a fan of registering for an account.. they forget their log in info. try and make new but can't because that email is used already.. and move on.. But you may need to..

I couldn't run any good tests on my Dev site with Authorized.net sand box account because any thing you put in will go through.
I have gotten 6 orders since changing this afternoon.. no issues..

I do think one of the fixs Max put in prevents double sessions.. or something to that matter..  I don't think your "test" had a true situation.. back to back orders from the same customer.. not that .. it can't ever happen. But that customer stayed in the same session for all those orders
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

tophatco

Quote from: hotrod on July 25, 2014, 03:06:33 AM
That's too bad.. 
The only difference from my set us.. is I only have guest check out.  I'm not a fan of registering for an account.. they forget their log in info. try and make new but can't because that email is used already.. and move on.. But you may need to..

I couldn't run any good tests on my Dev site with Authorized.net sand box account because any thing you put in will go through.
I have gotten 6 orders since changing this afternoon.. no issues..

I have it set to not ask visitors to register either, I am just testing with a registered account.

Although, this may not be an issue for someone who doesn't want a registered account, but if you ever user shopper groups, or give discounts to certain users, there will be a problem. If users want to register to see their order history, this will be a problem as well.

I just placed one order in Firefox then went to Internet Explorer and placed another order, and the IE order replaced the Firefox order for the given user.

hotrod

Yea.  Agreed..

That's Really Strange..   But I'm sure an easy Fix for Max..   You should become the new tester now  ;D
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

hotrod

Just placed 2 orders on my Dev site.. with my account.  both in Fire Fox..  Back to back  both came threw fine..   
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

tophatco

I just attempted two transactions with the same account using the standard payment option instead of authorize.net and got the same results. The new order replaced the old one for the user.

Going back to 2.6.6 for now.

Milbo

how was your order status?

If an order has order status P, it can be reused. Else not. Therefore I think that your config is not setting the people who payed to "confirmed by shopper". could it be?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tophatco

Quote from: Milbo on July 25, 2014, 09:27:39 AM
how was your order status?

If an order has order status P, it can be reused. Else not. Therefore I think that your config is not setting the people who payed to "confirmed by shopper". could it be?

The order status is Pending, which is what have been using.  You may be right, if I set it to Confirmed or Confirmed by Shopper for completed orders it may change this. I have been using Pending as the status since the bug started but haven't noticed orders being replaced. I will test it out.

tophatco

Quote from: tophatco on July 25, 2014, 13:51:16 PM
The order status is Pending, which is what have been using.  You may be right, if I set it to Confirmed or Confirmed by Shopper for completed orders it may change this. I have been using Pending as the status since the bug started but haven't noticed orders being replaced. I will test it out.

Yes. I just tested it with the authorized order set to Confirmed by Shopper instead of Pending and two orders were created instead of the first being replaced.  I am running 2.6.7 live now and will be watching to see if the double orders are resolved.

Thanks Max.

Milbo

The sql is only reusing Pending orders. The reason is that Pending means exactly an order which is in process, but not finally confirmed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tophatco

Quote from: Milbo on July 25, 2014, 14:38:12 PM
The sql is only reusing Pending orders. The reason is that Pending means exactly an order which is in process, but not finally confirmed.

I was using Pending before because it would not send out a order confirmation email for two orders if a duplicate occurred. I would manually change the order to Confirmed to send out the confirmation email for just one, then go capture the credit card transaction manually for just one, so the customer would not be notified/charged twice. Oddly, when the duplicate would occur, I would end up with two Pending orders. You would think the second Pending order would replace the first after seeing what happens if I place two orders separately.

tophatco

Just to follow up.  Since updating to 2.6.7 there have been 28 live orders and no duplicates. 

Thanks again VM team.

oviliz

Where did you take the 2.6.7 version?

With mine 2.6.6 I have a lot of duplicated orders even with PayPal and SagePay and sometimes they comes with the same Order number and that's really (almost) crazy...

tophatco

Quote from: oviliz on August 04, 2014, 20:50:50 PM
Where did you take the 2.6.7 version?

With mine 2.6.6 I have a lot of duplicated orders even with PayPal and SagePay and sometimes they comes with the same Order number and that's really (almost) crazy...

Max posted the link a while back to it in this thread.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/762/com_virtuemart.2.6.7_extract_first.zip

oviliz

Thank you tophatco.

After the update should show 2.6.7 on the VM pages or still 2.6.6?

Just to know if my update goes well.

tophatco

Quote from: oviliz on August 06, 2014, 13:25:57 PM
Thank you tophatco.

After the update should show 2.6.7 on the VM pages or still 2.6.6?

Just to know if my update goes well.

Mine shows 2.6.7.