News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Duplicate orders & payments

Started by Robert_ITMan, May 02, 2014, 15:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

Please help! We are getting duplicate orders & payments with current version VM 2.6.0 - I have eliminated the possibility of it being from double-clicking the confirm purchase button on checkout (see: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=122883.msg422084 ). VM is creating 2 orders with different order numbers and taking 2 payments. It is not happening every time nor can I see a pattern or anything in the duplicates that might lead to a certain product nor I am unable to duplicate it myself in all my tests.

If anyone else experiencing this issue - please let us know!

If I find a solution or have anything more to report I will post it here.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

SOLVED by The VM Team! I'm sure it will be in the next update (now on 2.6.0a). Here is the fix in /components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php line 893 add the line $this->setCartIntoSession(); after $this->_inCheckOut = true;

private function checkoutData($redirect = true) {

$this->_redirect = $redirect;
$this->_inCheckOut = true;
$this->setCartIntoSession(); // added as instructed by VM
$this->tosAccepted = JRequest::getInt('tosAccepted', $this->tosAccepted);

I have tested this thoroughly and it works for my sites.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

hotrod

Getting the double orders..  this code is ok to add.. in VirtueMart 2.6.6
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

I read that this fix is included with VM 2.6.6 - are you telling me it isn't... please confirm if you are getting duplicates with VM 2.6.6 (I haven't tested it yet).

I'm still using 2.6.0a on our live site with no duplicates with the fix in /components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

Yes.. I am..  I just updated about a week ogo.. maybe 20 orders had no issues.. then out of the blue..today  in the last 20 minutes I got hit with back to back double orders.. 

here is the code from the 2.6.6 file

private function checkoutData($redirect = true) {

$this->_redirect = $redirect;
$this->_inCheckOut = true;
$this->setCartIntoSession();
$this->tosAccepted = JRequest::getInt('tosAccepted', $this->tosAccepted);
$this->STsameAsBT = JRequest::getInt('STsameAsBT', $this->STsameAsBT);
$this->order_language = JRequest::getVar('order_language', $this->order_language);
$this->getFilterCustomerComment();

looks like its there..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

Thanks for the quick reply! Are you getting duplicate payments too? If so I will test 2.6.6 myself ASAP and see if I can help in anyway. In the meantime - think on any changes you may have made that might have changed your settings and possibly causing the duplicates and also document everything you can think of that might help solve this.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

Not a change.. 
and yes Payments also.. tried the double click on my dev site and I didn't get a double order.. 
Fingers crossed waiting on my next order..
Not sure what happened.. Like I said many orders with no issues after the upgrade..  then back to backs.. worries me
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

stensbo

Using Joomla 2.5.20, Multi language (only DK in VM), Beez20 copy template, Virtuemart 2.6.6, PHP Version 5.3.27, vm override.

Joomla site is live - danrider.dk -  but vm shop is only for registered shopper.

I have had orders with no issue after upgrade to 2.6.6 - but yesterday I got double ordres with different order no.

Overrides is updated .

hotrod

Still waiting on my next order.. we'll see..

The the hell can causue this right in the middle with nothing changed..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

hotrod - thanks for the updates! The developers have been notified - lets hope for a quick resolution! Glad I didn't update to 2.6.6 yet on my live sites (again 2.6.0a with above fix is working for me along with the script I added to eliminate double-clicking and showing 'please wait'). The duplicates I experienced before were completely random and statistically we received 1 duplicate every 16 orders - and we never experienced it on the test sites even though we tested thoroughly.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

As of now.  I narrowed it down to THE SSL.  no double order when turned off.  I did just renew it thru godaddy and waiting for the new one to be installed.  but they say Cert can't be the isuue..  still using the old that is not expired yet.  But this has nothing to do with it.  looks like the order are being set thru the standard URL and The SSL causing the double orders..  Like I said. I made no changes and had 20 orders or more on the new version..  UGH..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

Good observation - SSL issue makes sense! That could explain why we never received duplicates on our test sites. I doubt it would be with the SSL cert itself, more likely the issue is due to how VM captures the order on confirmation.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0