News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Blank page on confirm and/or problem with e-mails

Started by alexzien, January 15, 2014, 17:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzien

When I have "Pending" set on "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" in configuration and try to confirm an order I get to a blank page instead of the confirmation page. All e-mails are sent, both to vendor and shopper though. And the order is visible in VM admin.

When I instead have "Confirmed" set on "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" and try to confirm an order I get to the confirmation page and I see my order total and order-id. But this time no e-mails are sent, either to vendor or shopper. I still see the order in VM admin though.

Someone who know what could be wrong here?

I use Virtuemart v. 2.0.26d

alatak

Hello
A blank page usually means a fatal error.
The best way to find why you have a fatal error is to turn the joomla error report parameter to Maximum.

Did you update virtuemart and the AIO?

Which payment method are you using?

alexzien

Quote from: alatak on January 16, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
Hello
A blank page usually means a fatal error.
The best way to find why you have a fatal error is to turn the joomla error report parameter to Maximum.

Did you update virtuemart and the AIO?
Which payment method are you using?
I have tried to turn on error reporting but I can't see any errors on the checkout page. And when I get to the blank page the error reporting is gone.

Yes, Virtuemart and AIO is updated. And the plugin tables are updated too.

Link to the store: http://goo.gl/oXMfq7

I'm using the standard payment method. It works perfectly with Paypal, because it changes the status on the order to Confirmed. The problem is when I have the setting to send e-mails to vendor and buyer on Pending.

alexzien

I actually still have this problem. But now no e-mails are being sent either way. When I remove Pending from "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" and "Default Order Status to send email to vendor" I get to the correct confirm page. But as soon as I add Pending I get to a blank confirm page.

I have tested contact forms and newsletters and they also don't send any e-mails now. When I click at "Send" from a contact form I also get to a blank page. The same when I try to send a test e-mail with jNews.

In global configuration I have tried PHPmail, SMTP and sendmail. But with the same result.

When I turn on error reporting I get this error:
Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with that of JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512 Fatal error: Class 'PHPMailer' not found in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php on line 22

J 2.5.19
VM 2.0.26d

Updated AIO and plugin tables.

alexzien

Solved it. Seems like our hosting provider removed the file PHPMailer.php in libraries/phpmailer/. When I re-added that file it all started to work again.

jenkinhill

Quote from: alexzien
Seems like our hosting provider removed the file PHPMailer.php in libraries/phpmailer/

Sounds like time to change host if they do something like that!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum