News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

duplicate menus bug in 2.6

Started by gersput, April 07, 2014, 18:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Quote from: klattr1 on April 11, 2014, 15:11:26 PM
Joomla 2.5.19, VM 2.6 on PHP 5.3.5.

Minimum required PHP version is 5.3.10  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/456-virtuemart-are-proud-to-release-vm2-6   - I doubt if that affects the menu display, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alatak

marfisk

Quote from: alatak on April 11, 2014, 10:30:13 AM
${PHING.VM.RELEASE}   ${PHING.VM.RELDATE} are   tags in the php/xml files that are replaced when we do an official release.
So it is not an error.

I am still trying to find out why some of you have those entries in the table. I am not able to reproduce the problem.

The ${} codes were fixed by the restore. What had gotten lost was the admin menu positioning. Thanks to someone else mentioning theirs had that, I was able to get the menu to display again. However, it still contains the duplicate values. I can delete them from the database, but I'll leave them for now in case they can somehow help you track down the hiccup that caused them.

klattr1

Quote from: alatak on April 11, 2014, 19:16:38 PM
Hello
Are you using the one i have posted here https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123213.msg420662#msg420662?
I upgraded to PHP 5.4.11 and still no luck. Even installed the revised module alatak posted. Nothing shows up in the admin menu.

jenkinhill

klattr1 you have no component link at all to VM? That is usually related to xmap.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116292
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

klattr1

jenkinhill, thanks for your tips. I tried disabling xmap but it didn't fix the issue...but this did!!

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101120.msg336673#msg336673

If the problem occurs do the following:

- go to the table "jos_extensions"
- search the entry  with field "name" = virtuemart
- note the value of the field "extension_id"

- than go to the table "jos_menu"
- search the entry  with field "title" = COM_VIRTUEMART
- change the field "component_id" to the value  of the field "extension_id" from table "jos_extensions"

Than reload the Joomla-adminsite and it should work.

serge-web54

I had the same problem.
i had to go to joomla_menu table and delete all duplicate items in the database.

BaidareW

Just to confirm that the problem exists - I had also this issue on fresh install. Still having it, but will find some time to delete from database fields.

Did nothing and after few hours problem disappeared by itself.

marfisk

And to make things more complicated, on a mirror system, I did the upgrade and it ran smoothly with no duplicates unlike the first system. So...looks like this is an intermittent problem, which makes it a pain to solve.

lindapowers

Have exactly the same issue as commented here but tbh it doesnt bother me much. More ways to access the shop ;D

dbcig2013new

Just to quickly solve the appearance
( for the ones like me who doesn't know a lot about programming en php)

=> delete the tables wich appears several times  ... in joomla menu

joomla 2.5.19
vm 2.6.0
php 5.4.27

[attachment cleanup by admin]

marfisk

While that solves the display, it doesn't help why it happened.

Also, please be careful directly editing the database. There is no undo, and if you remove something that's not part of this menu, you could lose access to something critical...like your system configurations.

dbcig2013new

Yes, you're right. That do not solve the bug at all !!.

But , as it is a "small bug" wich not affect the system, the virtuemart beginner users probably want to find a workaround in a first time.
=> It is only in this focus i post this .

rule N°1: In any case you play with the database, you need to first make a backup !

joomla 2.5.19
vm 2.6.0
php 5.4.27

marfisk

Well, to be honest, this is the type of solution I often do (going into the DB to fix bugs), but a lot of folks using these programs have no DBA background.

The trouble with backups is that in my case, and probably in many others since it's an intermittent issue, this didn't happen in my dev update, only in one of my live systems. So a backup doesn't do me any good unless I've locked out the system during production hours (which on the web is 24/7 because of timezones).

That's why I am just ignoring it rather than doing an interim fix.

I just wanted to put it out there because there are no warnings in your initial post, and I've had clients who would see that, say it's easy, and off they go on their own with disastrous results :).

lindapowers

My doubt left is can a future VM version fix this? is it possible?

Regards