News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VAT problems

Started by volkswagen, March 26, 2014, 16:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volkswagen

We've used all suggestions in the following posts:
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116761.0

as well as EU_VAT_Checker plugin, but we haven't managed to setup the VAT inside EU / outside EU / B2B correctly.

We set up VAT at product level, but we think that these suggestions are based on general applied VAT rules. Is this true? We are very anxious to solve this problem, to get our webstore online. Can you help us?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

volkswagen

Hi Jenkinhill,

I've made a ticket there 2 days ago. Have had some help, but the problem is not solved. I posted 2 hrs ago a new ticket for this problem to get paid support, and don't have a problem for the paid support. But I need support F A S T.
It's the last step to get the webshop online, and every help is welcome.

Milbo

The real problem is that you deny the law and just want that the plugin does what you think is correct.

The plugin works according to the WTO /EU laws and regulations. I got consulted by various tax consultants. We also use it ourself.

You have two options: Either you believe us, or go to a tax consultant, give him a bunch of mony and let him explain it to you. then you can check the plugin and you will see it works exactly as the tax consultant wants it.

You wrote "I want that my B2B customers do not have to pay VAT".

Your knowledge is "b2b do not have to pay VAT". What you miss is that it is not the merchant who defines if the customer is a business. The state, the tax officials define who is a "business". Exactly this is what the euvatid plugin does. It checks live at the official servers if your customer is an official business and puts then this shopper into the correct shoppergroup, of course considering if the customer comes from your country, from EU, or from somewhere.

It even works correctly for US companies with European tax number. The correct tax and invoices are nothing to rush, you may spare some days, but errors there can hit you years later!
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member