Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to configure PayPal and other questions

Started by alatak, March 04, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJC Web Design

2 problems here

192.88.134.6. is  a DNS server registered to    1.sucuridns.com dcid@sucuri.net

are u behind a proxy or something?  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=125044.0

The error should list a whole stack of possible ip addresses.. see.. plugins\vmpayment\paypal\paypal\helpers\paypal.php   function checkPaypalIps ($paypal_data) - why only one?

(Dodgy looking iframe instils more trust that going to Paypals own secure site?  Hmmmmm.....   ;)  )
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mfarooqi

Yes i'm using sucuri proxy / firewall. !
???

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mgordon

I believe that this is a max limit for what you can withdraw from a customer. a kind of security for the customer.  I don't really see the point in this, but it is required for using paypal Express checkouts.

Quote from: arnold.pietersen on July 27, 2014, 16:18:09 PM
Hi

What does: Expected max amount mean when configuring the PayPal payment method. We will not know in advance what the amount will be, right?

The explanation is not that clear.

Kind Regards

ARNOLD

cydesign

How does the new 'PayPal Credit' function work in Virtuemart?
I can't find the functionality anywhere.

We're enrolled into the PayPal credit plan and can offer customers finance, but Virtuemart (current version) seems to not give customers the option to pay in instalments.
Isn't this exactly what the update said it would do, or did I misunderstand something?

mgordon

Why in hell isn't PayPal pro (Payment with credit card), supported in all countries where Paypal is available, and only in the UK and US ? Paypal them selves offer Pro users this in all countries. I've spoken with them about this, and their statement is that the developers of the Virtue Mart plugin have to fix this.

AH

Maybe it is down to funding for the free paypal plugin from VM.

QuoteWhy in hell isn't PayPal pro (Payment with credit card), supported in all countries where Paypal is available, and only in the UK and US ?

The only other country is Canada.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Website-Payments-Pro-Hosted-DCC/Country-restrictions/td-p/1120409

Unless you are talking about Hosted solution.

Which is available in a few more.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

neborator777

Hi All!
Is there a manual how to set-up Paypal for VM-3?

StefanSTS

Yes, you find it fastest via Google: virtuemart paypal manual.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

DTBMEDIAMIX1

Hello,
For a week about the order status is no longer updated with Paypal payments. I had the updates 3.6.4 and now the update 3.6.6 also installed the AIO are up to date. Then nothing left. Today I have put this back. It still does not work. We have not changed the settings.

For Paypal, the setting for Instant Payment Confirmations (IPN) is disabled. What must there be for a URL? How do I get this going again? I ask for help

Joomla Version .: 3.9.8 and Virtuemart 3.6.2. I like to do the updates again.
Then it shatters me but again the language files.

StefanSTS

It is not clear, where your problem is. You might want to explain a little more in detail.

1. VM side: As far as I heard from customers, the IPN validation works again with the latest changes in VirtueMart 3.6.8.10197.
Please check for the exact version number with 10197 at the end.

2. Paypal side: If your setting on the Paypal website in your business account is not set, just set your domain there and activate IPNs. The proper return URL will be given by the Paypal plugin itself. The URL is just a placeholder so that you can save the setting.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

otletgazda

Hi,
The buyer will receive a 2% discount on the total price when using paypal. The Paypal plugin is set to Cost method calculation: progressiv.
When we receive the order we see that the discount is there, but the amount is wrong. Or not? But then how was the discount calculated?
Also, what is the difference between fixed and progressive methods?
Can someone help me?

Best regards,

otletgazda

bettston

Need some help with paypal express in VM3.  I need to find a way to make sure that the shipping option is selected before they are allowed to press the express checkout option.  At present it dosent seem to be able to do this. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

Studio 42

in the Virtuemart config :
- Have you set auto select shipment ?
- Try to disable ajax for cart