News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category Feed Settings

Started by adn424, February 24, 2014, 18:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adn424

Hello,

I have seen the Category Feed Settings area on the back end and also there is view.feed.php in new versions but i don't know how to use this, even i have enabled that there is no link appear on front of the category pages, can anyone help and let me know what exactly the link to display the feeds per category.

Thanks in advance.

encreplus

Same here ... how do i call or use the feed ?

iwanna

I would like to know too..

Anyone knows ?

maxlatino74

same problem ....  someone have  solutions ??   Thanks

jenkinhill

Nothing complicated about it. When feed is turned on the rss/atom urls will appear in the head code for use by readers. Try it in a browser by using a url like [yoursitedomain]/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=virtuemart&productsublayout=0&Itemid=121&format=feed&type=rss
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

maxlatino74

hi, thanks for your fast reply ...
In VM configurations (VM 2.6.14) -> templates -> category feed setting , i use:
Enable Product Feeds : Y
Include Images into the feed? : Y
Include the Product Price into the description? :Y
Include the Product Description?  Y
Type of Product Description : short d.
Maximum Description Length : 500

No have setting other, no in VM , no in J.  .... maybe I have to enable some other setting, or some module / component in joomla? 
unfortunately I can not see next to the categories of the store button feeds  ....
i have try your url but no see nothing   :o   .....  you can try my website is www.ilcompatibileshop.com

thanks

..... solved ... need to apply the module rss
thanks
Bye

maxlatino74

hi, I solved the problem, it was just to activate the module in joomla template and position it well in that now you see the RSS
(try with: brother –>  cartucce compatibili-> you can see the image rss).
I wanted to ask, however, if you can get a unique url with all products in virtuemart because I have to add the feed in my twitter account and facebook .... I tried with your url but to me it does not work  . Thanks

jenkinhill

VM generates a canonical url for each product which Googla uses as the "correct" url for each product. Check the code of the rendered page.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum