Replace image action problem with a second and the next images

Started by MarioP, January 15, 2014, 15:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioP

Hello.
I have a problem with replace feature (BE Product details>'Product images> Image Action>Replace). When I replace 1st image everything seems to work - the image (thumbnail) is replacing to the new. When I try to replace second image, the new thumbnail isn't show up. What can be wrong?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

MarioP

I'm testing VM 2.5.4 right now and I still have this problem...Anybody can help? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...( I choose the image I want to replace, next the image to upload, then select 'replace image action' and I do save )

Milbo

You activated the second image for editing, I assume.

So maybe it is just an error in the js showing the updated stuff. Is it stored correctly?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Quote from: Milbo on March 20, 2014, 13:51:31 PM
You activated the second image for editing, I assume.
You mean click on 'Edit image information'? Yes, I do it.
Please see the screenshot. As you see the only part that was changed after replace action is 'Used url' and it's correct - the image shows correctly in the FE and BE.
'Unique Filename' and  'Used thumb url' are still the same...Nothing changes...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

MarioP

Maybe I made a big problem with nothing  :-\...As we read in some tutorial:
QuoteImage Action toggles will allow you to set the following options before you click save to process the upload;

None – does nothing to the image
Upload – uploads the image as a new image and automatically creates a thumbnail (default setting)
Replace – uploads the image and replaces the existing  image for the product – use this if you want to get rid of the existing image and replace with the new one. If you do this you will also need to perform a replace thumb as well afterwards or the old image thumbnail will still be present.
Replace thumb – uploads the image and only replaces the existing thumbnail for the selected image.

So... replacing action replace only the main image, the thumbnail must be replace by replace thumb action, right? It isn't the automated action, right?  - I was convinced that it is...
But as I see "Replace thumb" doesn't change the image size to the standard 90x90...it has the original size of the uploaded image...Do we have to change the thumbnail image size manually?

Milbo

The replacement is only written for and used by some freaks. The normal way is to exchange the used media. Not the path of the media. You do this only if you used your media for 20 products and then you want to replace the image of the media. Yes the replace thumbnail just does this. The reason is that people want to exchange the thumbnail because they dont want to use the thumbnail library of vm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP