News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

showing provinces for each country

Started by proma, February 12, 2014, 17:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proma

hi
in users field we have changed the language to persian but the problem is when we choose the country we don't know what to do to show for each country its provinces.
Currently using VM2.0.26d on Joomla 2.5.18 PHP 5.4.21
regards

jjk

Am I correct that you mean you have 'Iran, Islamic Republic of' shown in Farsi, but the provinces are shown with their english names instead of in Farsi?
I think in this case you can add a new country (using Farsi language) and after you clicked on 'Save' you can add the states (provinces) in Farsi language (except the 2 and 3 letter language codes) language and set everything to 'published'.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

proma

Quote from: jjk on February 12, 2014, 20:13:43 PM
Am I correct that you mean you have 'Iran, Islamic Republic of' shown in Farsi, but the provinces are shown with their english names instead of in Farsi?
I think in this case you can add a new country (using Farsi language) and after you clicked on 'Save' you can add the states (provinces) in Farsi language (except the 2 and 3 letter language codes) language and set everything to 'published'.
the problem is that after we deleted the english menu and we created a new one in persian with the ex english menu items in this menu that we'v built the provinces are not linked to their own country  and when we choose a country the provinces are not shown

proma

jjk

Quote from: proma on February 18, 2014, 22:30:12 PM
the problem is that after we deleted the english menu and we created a new one in persian with the ex english menu items in this menu that we'v built the provinces are not linked to their own country  and when we choose a country the provinces are not shown
I'm not shure which menu you are talking of. In your first post you mentioned user fields. So am I correct that you mean the country/state dropdown list in the form where the customer enters his/her address in the cart view?
See screenshot attached below

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations