Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

ZAR to Dollar exchange rate

Started by J3DI13, February 03, 2014, 20:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3DI13

Hello all

i am running J2.5 and VM2.

I have a query in regards to how the exchange rate works. My client has two Joomla sites which are both carbon copies of each from the build up. They are running on the same server which is a IIS7 server (not my choice btw!). I have created a test product on each site and set the default currency to ZAR and the only accepted currency is the USD. i have applied no taxing rules to the products and set them at $1 each. Now my client is stressing that the exchange rate is not displaying correctly. Currently on the istes is displaying $1 as ZAR11.08 when it should be ZAR11.25.  I understand that the exchange updates once a day but it is still showing the same rates as last week

I know that there are always tricks etc to get VM working properly and having the correct configuration is a must and it is possible that i have overlooked something but i cannot find what. 

Many Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Exchange rate through the ECB always goes through the Euro, so RAR will be compared to Euro and then that generated value with be compared to the USD to give the final conversion rate, RAR to USD. Maybe that makes the error?
http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/21-configuration-menu/67-currencies.html
http://docs.virtuemart.net/faqs/37-configuration/92-how-to-change-the-shop-default-currency.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

J3DI13

Thanks for the reply and making it clear how it works Jenkinhill.
Would the only way to resolve this issue is to use another currency converter that does straight ZAR to USD?

Thanks again

jenkinhill

Yes,  it tells you how to do this in the docs, or you can manually set an exchange rate.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum