News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Automatic setting of currency

Started by Acolytte, February 02, 2014, 20:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolytte

I am using only two currencies and i need them to be automaticly set. Is there any solution?
(I have Rupostel's One Page Checkout)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Acolytte

The problem is, when i acces the webpage from Slovakia (i am from Czech Republic), the prices are still in Kc (Czech Republic) and not in Euro. That is the reason why i am using VM Currency Selector module. Its is not happening automaticly. Is it done by some sort of plugin or did i made mistake there?

jenkinhill

The default currency displayed is the one configured  in the vendor tab  -  http://docs.virtuemart.net/component/flexicontent/37-configuration/92-how-to-change-the-shop-default-currency.html

If you want the prices to display in Euros and not CZK you should select your currency in the frontend using the VM - Currencies Selector module. This module should be configured in the backend.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Acolytte

is this the right section of forum? i am asking for help. IS there actualy some option or module that could DO the one thing: "Automaticly set currency based on country". I have my default currency set, i have module to change currency to euros. It is not done automaticly, that is the problem.

jenkinhill

So how are you going to know what country the visitor is from before they register on the site? Once they are registered & logged in then you could use some scripting to change the currency "automatically", but not before. Unless maybe you do an IP lookup and use a geolocator, but someone would have to program that, and geolocation based on IP is not always accurate..
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Acolytte

I have Rupostel's One Page Checkout, assigning shopper group based on country. So, there is not any mod or virtuemart option. Thank you, case closed

Csabesz

Hello,

"Once they are registered & logged in then you could use some scripting to change the currency "automatically", but not before."
how can be done this, I need to change default currency depending on shopper group, I have 2 currencies USD and EUR and 2 shopper groups one for USD and other for EUR prices and no prices for guests.
I need to show prices in currency belonging to the shopper group automatically after login and they cannot change the currency.
I hope understandably what I need and somebody can help me with this.

jenkinhill

I don't think anyone has made some code for this, so you will have to write a plugin for it - or commission a developer to do so.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK