News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart in only one language

Started by gabriela, January 22, 2014, 13:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabriela

Hi
I have VM 2.0.26 and Joomla 2.5.17
I need Virtuemart in only Spanish. I don't need a multi-lingual site.
Joomla is in English, but I have installed Spanish package for back&front with their Content Languages in English and in Spanish.
Spanish is language by default.
I disabled the plugin languagefilter.
I installed VM language package from http://virtuemart.net/community/translations/core-modules-plugins-language-packs/virtuemart/es-ES
In VM configuration I have Spanish like only language.
The categories are set in spanish and the products too (I send sreenshot)
I can read VM in spanish in backend but in front are still in English! What am I doing wrong?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gabriela

I have not had any response to my question ... is so stupid this question? Actually in forums is much talk of putting together a multi-language site and almost no one site in one language only. Should I make a site compulsorily in both languages although this not interest to me? Please I need an answer.

Peter Pillen

Sometimes not all language strings are translated by the language team. I also have some strings that are not translated. Do check your extensions > updates if there isn't any language update. Also double check that spanish is set as default in Joomla.

gabriela

No, I have all the es-ES.ini archives and the fields that I need all in Spanish. Is not a problem of some words, is all the words of VM in front-end...
Thanks for to answer!

Peter Pillen

and in website > control panel > languages > first tab page "installed languages" .... spanish is set as default language?

and the third tab page "content" .... spanish is active? = green checkmark? status is "published" and access is "public"?

and final ... you installed the es-es file language... but is it really there? have you checked in ftp that a file is actually there?

Sorry to hear you this problem, but I have a feeling that this will be something very obvious.

gabriela

Yes, spanish is set as default language in front and in back. And also I have English and Spanish in content with green checkmark (third tab). In both status is published and access is public. I have es-ES file languages for joomla (obviously) and for virtuemart (I have all .in files in language folder). I also have categories and products with spain flag and spanish in multilingual store (in configuration). I know that this should be this will be something very obvious, and for this I'm angry. Is there anything I have forgotten? or some kind of error with a plugin with a component? and I don't know what to think.

gabriela

This problem had not solution, for this I had to update en-GB files with the content of es-ES files. In this way I don't have english language and all my virtuemart language files are en spanish. A handcraft solution, but works well.