News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

how to edit back in stock notification email template?

Started by dave37, January 12, 2014, 16:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave37

VM 2.0.24a  joomla 2.5.16  php 5.3.16 mysql 5.1.54

I need to edit the template that is sent to customers on the wait list for out of stock products.  There are some issues with the data in the template, for example is shows my personal name instead of the company name, that I need to correct.  I have not been able to find or figure out out to edit it.

jenkinhill

Vendor letters and invoice can be configured in Shop/Invoices tab.  The mail sending templates are components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/mail_html_notify.php  and  components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/mail_raw_notify.php

The text used in the mail is defined in the language file as COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NOTIFY_MAIL_HTML and  COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NOTIFY_MAIL_RAW
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dave37

Thanks, I looked those files over but can't figure out what I need to do.  The notify email that is going out to customers has my personal user name, e.g. John Doe, instead of the shop name, e.g. ABC Widgets at the top of the email next to the shop logo.  How can I edit those files to have the shop name in the top of the email sent out instead of my personal name?

jenkinhill

Not sure if this is it, but in invoice/tmpl/mail_html_vendor in 2.0.26d the line
echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_MAIL_VENDOR_TITLE').$this->vendor->vendor_name.'<br/>';    is commented out.  Maybe look at that?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dave37

That is already commented out, I believe when I edited my invoice template through the invoice editor.

valerian

dave37, did you found where to change the email template notification of a products to the store?