News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add products from front end

Started by framos41, March 18, 2014, 18:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

framos41

Hello, i cant find anywhere where how to configure so a user with permission can upload, modify or delete products from front end in virtuemart 2.0.26d and joomla 2.5.19, can anyone help with this? thanks!

jenkinhill

Products cannot be added from the FE in default VirtueMart with the inbuilt multi-vendor turned on, although they can be edited once uploaded through the backend.  There is a third party multi-vendor plugin which may have that function but I have not used it. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119938.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robert

Is there any way to enable the option to add products via the front end other than buying a 3rd party component? For starters... Which files would need to be edited?

jenkinhill

You should check the multivendor functions now present in VM3.0.4
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robert

I do use 3.0.4 so I checked off the Multivendor in config and also assigned 2 shoppers as vendors in the Shopper config area.

But from here, I am stuck on where to go next. I have searched for some Multivendor documentation but only found a tutorial which was very vague. Is there a location for info on how this functions?

I also just tried to create a new menu for access only to vendors, with hopes of adding a link to "Add new product" but do not see any option for it. Any suggestions on what to do next?