News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Neep Pluging that sends tracking number to customer

Started by CityMonster, December 24, 2013, 21:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityMonster

I'm new, but not new to Joomla. Does VirtueMart has shipping bundle or plunging that includes sending tracking number to customer once the order has been placed thru paypal?

PRO

Quote from: CityMonster on December 24, 2013, 21:06:56 PM
I'm new, but not new to Joomla. Does VirtueMart has shipping bundle or plunging that includes sending tracking number to customer once the order has been placed thru paypal?

no,
the only way I know of is to put it in the note to customer section while changing the order status

logobis

Hi,

I've made a "homeself" hack to do this.
In first you download (csv file) the list of orders you want.
You fill it with your tracking number.
You upload the file.
Orders status are automaticly up to date and a mail with tracking number is sent to customer.
No need to go in backend administrator.
If you're interested send me a pm.

AH

I think the community would like to know how you get the file upload to fire an e-mail on status change
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

lindapowers

Doesn't your transport company have an online check for deliveries?

If you have the option you could do a simple external form in html where your customer enters the order number, the tracking number could be displayed then.

Even more simple, ask your transport company to send an SMS to the customer that includes this number.

Regards

AH

Lindapowers

Our shipping compnay provides update information to customers via-email directly as you described.

Works a treat

My query is how does logobis achieve the input, update of the order and auto e-mail to the customer from VM
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1