I have a problem sending emails and orders in Virtuemart Registration on Godaddy

Started by eily, December 04, 2013, 21:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eily

Hi,
I have a problem sending emails and orders in Virtuemart Registration on Godaddy.
This problem is not present if I register as Joomla.
Use the version of Joomla 2.5.16 and Virtuemart 2.0.24.
The email is the same for Virtuemart Admin.
What happens:
If I register as Joomla receive the email for the confirmation
If I register as Virtuemart not receive any confirmation emails and reports error "
if I make an order I do not receive any emails and reports error "
I tried to change the configuration to configuration server but the problem persists:

Mail Settings
Mailer --> PHP MAIL
From email --> info@domain.com
From Name --> Name Domain
Sendmail Path --> /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP Authentication --> tested with both YES and NO
SMTP Security --> test with both NONE and SSL and TSL
SMTP Port --> tested with both 25 and 465
SMTP Username --> tested with info@domain.com and blank
SMTP Password --> tested with insert password and blank
SMTP Host --> tested with smtpout.secureserver.net and blank

but the problem of "Impossibile send email / Unable to perform the mail function. /

I turned to the support of GoDaddy but I get no answers and no help.
Because everything is ok while in Joomla Virtuemart not?
I also created a contact form and it works.
Regards,
Eily

t68

Hi!
Got pretty much the same problem. Hosted J2.5.14 and VM 2.0.24 one One.com. The joomla mass mail and registration mail works ok but no order confirmation emails are sent from VM.  Neither to me as vendor or to the customers. No error message is shown. Hope someone can help me out wiith solving this issue.

Using the SMTP e-mail in Joomla and it sends out fine.

jjk

GoDaddy is not a good choice if you want to run a Joomla/VirtueMart shop, because this mass hoster often uses non-standard configurations and lacks the required flexibilty to make a shop running smoothly. Also, using one of their cheaper webhosting packages, you might share a server with 1000+ neighbours, which usually means slow page loading times.

From what I've heard, users are sometimes set up on Windows running IIS6 accounts, on which php mail doesn't work.

However, maybe this old forum post provides some useful hints: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=460480
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

t68

Hi!
For me problem solved. Being a newbie I did not have it covered regarding how emails is sent according to order statuses. After setting my test orders from pending to confirmed i got confirmation emails both to shopper and vendor.

So I´m all set :-)!

Hope you find a solution to the godaddy problems.