News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Date Format options

Started by Ohmy, November 17, 2013, 05:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohmy

Ok so before you all go saying this has been asked and answered - it hasn't..!! Alot of sarcastic responses maybe but none giving a definitive way to change it..!!

The current format in VM2 is the American format mm/dd/yyyy

However I do not want that format nor do my customers. I want to know in straight forward terms how to change the format to DD/MM/YYYY

I have seen some responses on the boards, and some answers are just pure arrogance, we are all consumers of VM and as such should be able to arrange our carts as our countries preferences are, not as how some perceive is the overall majority want. IT'S CALLED OPTIONS..!! That snide comment was for MILBO a supposed Virtuemart Project leader that seems to think having options is a bad thing.

Anyways, if someone in a polite and respectable manner can direct me how to change the format to Australian format i would be most appreciative.

AH

Have you tried using the overrides joomla provides, I think this should work for you

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=775861
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum