News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Admin > Product Reorder Not Working

Started by CMYKreative, September 01, 2012, 07:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMYKreative

We have yet another issue with VM.

When in a product category, we are trying to reorder the products. The up/down arrows seem to work in a completely bizarre way, sometimes resetting order numbers to 1, sometimes reordering them to the same as another product order number - effectively not working in the way it should work.

The normal way I would reorder would be to physically change the numbers within each text field, then click the disk icon to save that new ordering. Problem is that this doesn't actually work.

Any ideas?

shakir

I had the same problem...

I does work, it's just that your sorting order is most likely set to something like 'id' rather than 'order'

Just go to CONFIGURATION
PRODUCT ORDER SETTINGS
And change the sort by to 'ORDER" - I will bet its set to 'ID'
And suddenly it will all work :)

Regards
Shakir
www.deliciousdesign.com.au

CMYKreative

Done that, it didn't make any difference to the backend, we can't manually re-order products.

CMYKreative

psantamaria

This is a serious issue.
I have the same problem, I'm unable to re-order the products manually. I'm using version 2.0.12

Please help

CMYKreative

We are stuck in the usual VM cycle . . . things that should work and just don't and no idea when or if they will be fixed. My last conversation with them consisted of "we'll fix it when you pay us to do it".

alanbagl;ey

Hi CMYKreative,

did you ever get a fix for this issue?

Kind regards
Alan

jenkinhill

You can re-order the products within a category in the BE by drag and drop. This was introduced around version 2.0.20
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum