Main Menu

Price and Sale Price

Started by ahtaylor1, October 11, 2013, 19:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahtaylor1

Hi

Joomla 2.5.14
virtuemart 2.0.24

When my products appear I have a "Price" and "Sale price".  I have gone through the configuration in VM but cannot find the box which will complete the "Price".  I can only get a price to appear in the "Sale price".  I dont want  "Sale price"!!  I can config so Sale price doesnt show but then I have no price at all as cannot complete the "Price" field.

Help!

jenkinhill

Are you using a commercial "VM" template or template theme which uses template overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ahtaylor1

Hi Jenkinhill,

No, I am using the free OfficePrime template.

Im not familiar with template overrides so not sure!

I have just checked out overrides by reading some posts and the answer is no - no overrides on the template.

thanks

jenkinhill

Price and Sale Price - is the sale price determined by a discount calculation rule as I guess you mean a discounted price? Any tax applicable?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ahtaylor1

In the backend I have gone into the configuration of VM and into pricing and checked and unchecked all the variants to see how it affects the display.  None of these fill in the "Price" but just  merely add another line underneath inline with my choice at the time (e.g salesprice without tax).

I have then gone into the product itself and cannot see how I can complete the "Price" there either!

The "Price" is bold which now makes me think it is not a "field" but something else (although not sure what!)

jenkinhill

Ah you did not add the colon - it is Price: - a title/heading for the price display. How to hide/remove the title has been previously been discussed many times here - do a search.

As for the actual price output, you can change the text used next to the figure simply with a language override. So for exampla you can change "Sales price" to "Our price" etc. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK