News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Total Price calculations and setting up set quantities for product

Started by Curtis Miller, October 08, 2013, 02:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis Miller

Hi all.

I'm not sure what to search for what I need so excuse me if I'm asking something that's been covered before.

I am setting up a store for a printer.  The store consists of a fixed range of products which come in predetermined quantities.

What I would like to be able to do covers 2 issues and is product specific rather than a general rule for the whole store.

Price option 1 Example
Business cards  available in packs of 500. 
Orders can only be made for 500 or 1000 cards.
Price for 1 pack (500 cards) = $150, Price for 2 packs (1000 cards) = $199

For this product the customer should only be able to choose between the 2 quantities and the total price on the product page should reflect this.
For this product the quantity arrows are not required.

Price option 2 Example
Posters available in 2 sizes A1 or A2
Orders can be made of any quantity for either size
Price for A1 posters = $18 Price of A2 posters = $13
For this product the customer should only be able to choose between the 2 sizes, select the required size and the total price on the product page should reflect the total price for size and quantity. ie 5 x a2 posters price should show as $90 not $18.

System information
Joomla 2.5 Virtuemart 2

I hope someone can help me set this up or at least tell me what is and isn't possible.

Thanks in advance.

Curtis

rdb1

Same problem here. I found a plugin but this function isnt in there. Plugin is $50. When they customize it it will cost another $50.
I am more of a wordpress speshitpillt, and im schocked at the pricing of a total of $100 for something that seems so simple for a programmer.

Can someone let me, and the thread starter, know if a plugin like this exists out of the box? Also, I would like the price on the product page to be changed dynamically when a quantity of business cards is selected of 500 or 1000.

rdb1

By the way, i used the search function of the forum, this is a very sought after problem, but every thread I opened seems to be ignored. Isn't there anything that does this common functionality?