News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.1 on joomla 3

Started by Milbo, October 01, 2013, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zava78

not bad, i quote my self, just  run "phing build.xml"

ok, i changed build to 2.1.0 and i get 6 archivies (3 .zip, and 3 .tar.gz)

i tried to install uploading but i get a blank page ...
any suggestion ?

roman5527

What is new respect for Joomla VirtueMart 2.1 3?

paranella

can anyone share an installable zip of current trunk?

burnout_it

I'm start to build my shop on stable VM2.04 version on J2.5 but I'm like to test this trunk at same time.

I'm build both zip via Eclipse without problem but I'm not able to install on pure J3.03, J3.15, J3.2.1

Log
Buildfile: C:\xampp\htdocs\Eclipse_Indigo\VM2\build_virtuemart2.xml
[property] Loading C:\xampp\htdocs\Eclipse_Indigo\VM2\build.properties

VIRTUEMART2 > title:

[echo] BUILD VirtueMart 2 package FROM C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\Eclipse_Indigo\\VM2  TO C:\\Users\\CACA\\Desktop\\PAck\\VM2\\ABSPATH

VIRTUEMART2 > delete_package_folder:

VIRTUEMART2 > delete_export_to_folder:

[echo] Don't delete files from C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\Eclipse_Indigo\\VM2 folder

VIRTUEMART2 > create_package_folder:

[echo] Create Package destination directory
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first

VIRTUEMART2 > clean:

[echo] Cleaning Package directory OK!

VIRTUEMART2 > svn.export:

[echo] Don't Export from svn repository

VIRTUEMART2 > main_files:

[echo] Copying ADMIN COMPONENT files to directory...
     [copy] Created 101 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\administrator\components\com_virtuemart
     [copy] Copying 532 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\administrator\components\com_virtuemart
     [echo] Copying SITE COMPONENT files to directory..
     [copy] Created 43 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\components\com_virtuemart
     [copy] Copying 357 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\components\com_virtuemart
     [echo] Copying INSTALL files to directory...
     [copy] Created 1 empty directory in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\install
     [copy] Copying 10 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\install
     [echo] Copying SITE LANGUAGE files to directory...
     [copy] Copying 5 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\language\en-GB
     [echo] Copying ADMIN LANGUAGE files to directory...
     [copy] Copying 7 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\administrator\language\en-GB
     [echo] UPDATE AND COPY VERSION.PHP  to directory...
     [echo] Copying INSTALL XML to directory...
     [copy] Copying 1 file to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0
     [echo] Copying README file to directory...
     [copy] Copying 1 file to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.2.1.0

VIRTUEMART2 > Main:

[echo] Creating MAIN PACKAGE  ...
      [tar] Building tar: C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first\com_virtuemart.2.1.0.tar.gz
      [zip] Building zip: C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first\com_virtuemart.2.1.0.zip
     [echo] MAIN Component compressed OK!

VIRTUEMART2 > aio_files:

[echo] Copying AIO COMPONENT files to directory...
     [copy] Created 21 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin
     [copy] Copying 46 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin
     [echo] copy file script vmallinone script from the admin C:\\Users\\CACA\\Desktop\\PAck\\VM2\\ABSPATH/com_virtuemart.2.1.0/com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0/admin...to root C:\\Users\\CACA\\Desktop\\PAck\\VM2\\ABSPATH/com_virtuemart.2.1.0/com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0
     [copy] Copying 3 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0
     [echo] Copying AIO: modules files to directory..
     [copy] Created 13 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\modules
     [copy] Copying 36 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\modules
     [echo] Copying AIO: plugins files to directory..
     [copy] Created 97 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\plugins
     [copy] Copying 445 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\plugins
     [echo] Copying AIO: libraries files to directory..
     [copy] Created 10 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\libraries
     [copy] Copying 103 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\libraries
     [echo] Copying AIO: languageBE files to directory...
     [copy] Created 35 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\languageBE
     [copy] Copying 1234 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\languageBE
     [echo] Copying AIO: languageFE files to directory...
     [copy] Created 35 empty directories in C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\languageFE
     [copy] Copying 520 files to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0\admin\languageFE
     [echo] Copying AIO: SCRIPT from the admin C:\\Users\\CACA\\Desktop\\PAck\\VM2\\ABSPATH/com_virtuemart.2.1.0/com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0/admin to the root folder C:\\Users\\CACA\\Desktop\\PAck\\VM2\\ABSPATH/com_virtuemart.2.1.0/com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0/admin...
     [copy] Copying 1 file to C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0\com_virtuemart.aio.2.1.0

VIRTUEMART2 > build.language.loop:

VIRTUEMART2 > LANGUAGE:

VIRTUEMART2 > delete.language.loop:

VIRTUEMART2 > AIO:

[echo] Creating AIO PACKAGE  ...
      [tar] Building tar: C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_ext_aio.tar.gz
      [zip] Building zip: C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_ext_aio.zip
     [echo] AIO Component compressed OK!

VIRTUEMART2 > VIRTUEMART2:

[echo] LATEST REVISION is 7235
     [echo] DATE December 30 2013, TIME 2205
      [zip] Nothing to do: C:\Users\CACA\Desktop\PAck\VM2\ABSPATH\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first\com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first.zip is up to date.
     [echo] EXTRACT FIRST compressed in directory OK!

BUILD FINISHED

Total time: 3 minutes  47.60 seconds

This is the error
Warning: require(/mnt/1TB/apache/www/J303/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/1TB/apache/www/J303/tmp/install_52c1e0db7fa28/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 24 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/mnt/1TB/apache/www/J303/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /mnt/1TB/apache/www/J303/tmp/install_52c1e0db7fa28/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 24

Enviroment:
Ubuntu Server 12.04
Apache 2.2.22
MySqli 5.5.24
PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4

What's wrong?

Milbo

I am sorry guys, we had todo the 2.0.26D, which had priority, we proudly announce the first installable version of vm2.1

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/674/com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first.zip

This version "works" already on j3.2, but the jquery is not adjusted. Therefore the add to cart does not work correctly. But you can discover it and use the tableupdater and play a bit around with it. Atm the views open without error, and the stuff I tried to store so fare worked.
Of course, only the standard plugins work and the customfield plugins need to be adjusted. I think only the textinput plugin works atm.

The version should work on a j2.5 almost like the latest vm2.0.26, but I wont use it productive yet, though.

Main changes
- You can disable, override and better configure inherited customfields. This gives a lot bigger flexibility, a lot feature requests are directly solved that way.
- we use vmRequest, vmText
- we removed all JParameter and use now JFormfields stored in the directory "fields"
- you can now use theoretically products with customfields in category browse views.
- products have now a fallback to the mainlanguage, if the language is missing.
- The product cart data is a lot smaller in the session for easier storing of the cart in the db and less problems with a lot products.
- the js of the add to cart and the cart module is seperated and works with trigger technic.
- new SampleData
- enhanced OPC, the form is now from begin to end. The function for updating/removing a product does NOT need an own form anylonger

For full j3.2 compatibility we need an adjusted jquery for version 1.9
For j2.5, we wanna stick with the latest jquery 1.8.x.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

r_ekkie

Milbo,

just tried to install the 2.0.1 version on a J3.2.1 site.
it gives me a 500 error and in the server logs I find the following:

PHP Warning:  require(/website.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /website.nl/public_html/tmp/install_52d61810065a3/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 24, referer: http://www.website.nl/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required /website.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /website.nl/public_html/tmp/install_52d61810065a3/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 24, referer: http://www.website.nl/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

did I do something wrong?

paranella

Same error for me on Joomla 3.2.1

Milbo

As I said before, please use for j3.2 the discovery feature. But I think I found the problem with it and created a new package. Our focus is atm mainly on j2.5. But I tried to create a version which gives an impression for j3.2. We hope that we can solve within next week the problem with the fancybox, which wont run on jquery1.9 without extra license. So we must replace the fancybox.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rabid_nerd

Following thread and going to begin testing here as well.

dmware

Hello Everyone and thanks for your great product and for all the support that is freely given to all of whom is getting benefits from Virtuemart. Davide here, a web designer, not developer. I am about to start quite e few projects in these first two months of beginning 2014 and unfortunately I can't wait the Virtuemart 2.1 release in March 2014.

I have used Joomla 3.2 for about 10 sites already and I see it is already a pretty good product. Stable and secure.

As far as e-commerce, because VM isn't ready yet, I have evaluated Mijoshop and Hikashop (Red Shop isn't ready too) but both of them do not convince me as much as VM, honestly.

To cut it short I have see there is a dev package of the 2.1 version of VM (com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first.zip) and I have downloaded and extracted it. It contained com_virtuemart.2.1.0_ext_aio.zip and com_virtuemart.2.1.0.zip. I have tryed to upload and install the com_virtuemart.2.1.0.zip file on a Joomla 3.2 version and I got this message:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/vqmbdwrl/public_html/new2014/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/vqmbdwrl/public_html/new2014/tmp/install_52dbebf1d21bd/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 24

I would like to ask then, is this dev package kind of ok to start with and if so how or I should just wait till I have the actual release file in March?

Thanks

jjk

Quote from: dmware on January 19, 2014, 16:16:38 PM
I would like to ask then, is this dev package kind of ok to start with and if so how or I should just wait till I have the actual release file in March?

Depends on what you need to do. If you want a shop to be ready for going live in a few weeks, I would still use Joomla 2.5.17/VM 20.26d and update to the newer versions when they are stable.

Next best option imho would be Joomla 2.5.17 and VM 2.1, which I would expect to run pretty stable by the end of this month.

The combination Joomla 3.2.1 and VM 2.1 still has a number of unsolved problems and once it works, it will have a very short live cycle, because Joomla 3.5, which is scheduled for March, will change a lot of things again.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lindapowers

Quote from: dmware on January 19, 2014, 16:16:38 PM
Hello Everyone and thanks for your great product and for all the support that is freely given to all of whom is getting benefits from Virtuemart. Davide here, a web designer, not developer. I am about to start quite e few projects in these first two months of beginning 2014 and unfortunately I can't wait the Virtuemart 2.1 release in March 2014.

I have used Joomla 3.2 for about 10 sites already and I see it is already a pretty good product. Stable and secure.

As far as e-commerce, because VM isn't ready yet, I have evaluated Mijoshop and Hikashop (Red Shop isn't ready too) but both of them do not convince me as much as VM, honestly.

To cut it short I have see there is a dev package of the 2.1 version of VM (com_virtuemart.2.1.0_extract_first.zip) and I have downloaded and extracted it. It contained com_virtuemart.2.1.0_ext_aio.zip and com_virtuemart.2.1.0.zip. I have tryed to upload and install the com_virtuemart.2.1.0.zip file on a Joomla 3.2 version and I got this message:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/vqmbdwrl/public_html/new2014/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in /home/vqmbdwrl/public_html/new2014/tmp/install_52dbebf1d21bd/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 24

Thanks

I think the actual package is more meant for testing purposes than for a live shop. At least I won't install it there yet until they mark it as stable.

You could perfectly start your projects in VM 2.026D which is pretty stable or even previous series 2.024C and Joomla 2.5, after a few months you will be able to upgrade safely or even remain in 2.5 if everything is fine and also update VM easily.

Joomla 3.2 may be stable and secure but in theory there will be a one click update from Joomla 2.5 to 3.5 and that is the version I'll wait for.

Milbo

Please try this version

now tested that it installs on j3. Storing in j3 works also. Cart works in j2.5

[attachment cleanup by admin]

anca

Fatal error: Call to undefined method com_virtuemartInstallerScript::fixConfigValues() in /var/www/web/html/myweb.ch/joomla32/tmp/install_52dffd6b85b00/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 277

Milbo