News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Confirmed Orders with no Email Notification

Started by jaderotheram, September 23, 2013, 17:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaderotheram

Hi,

I recently updated my Paypal Plugin, due to all my orders staying at "pending" even after payment due to "IPN" errors.

Since then I am not getting any confirmation emails, and neither are my customers, if it helps, I am no longer receiving new user registration emails either?

This is a big problem as we have a lot of orders each day and have tons of customers calling asking if their orders are confirmed.

I have no idea where to start on this, any help would be appreciated.

jenkinhill

Start by saying which J/VM versions you are using (VM2.0.22e is the latest release)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jaderotheram

Apologies,

Joomla - 2.5.9
Virtuemart - 2.0.20a

Okay so weird thing, I put in my sandbox email into the paypal payment methods. This morning i've woken up to over 100 emails, some Confirmed Order, some New User. However I have tons of these emails...

**      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
    **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **

The original message was received at Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:42:10 -0700 from localhost [127.0.0.1]

----- Transcript of session follows -----
451 petsapply.co.uk: Name server timeout
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

In the attachments it says "PayPal IPN transaction on your site: possible fraud" as an email.

and this message also...

**      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
    **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **

The original message was received at Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:49:39 -0700 from localhost [127.0.0.1]

----- Transcript of session follows -----
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Again, in the attachments, this time is has "New Shopper" and "Confirmed Order"

So I'm more than a little confused at the minute.

jenkinhill

I don't know what that issue is, but both your Joomla and VM versions are known to be insecure.  Already some J2.5 sites with versions below 2.5.14 have been hacked so I'd make that a priority.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany
But you will have to recreate your template overrrides to work with the current VM2 secure code.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum