News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Issue with Shopper Fields - Select type

Started by newsomjk, August 20, 2013, 18:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsomjk

If I make a new field with the type 'select' it doesn't show the box to add values, I have to go use Chrome to view the source and toggle the css "display:none;" off on <div id="divValues">
Is there an easy fix for this?
apparently this was an old field that got messed up during the upgrade from vm 1 to 2.

HOWEVER, when I make a new drop down [single select] field, and try to add values with spaces it gives an error "invalid character." How can I fix this to work like our old drop down? Do I need to save it without spaces and go to the database and edit the line to add spaces every time?

Also, anytime I try to delete a shopper field I get this error:
"JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1' at line 1 SQL=ALTER TABLE `njos_virtuemart_userinfos` ADD v-1"

Come on now, why are there all these issues with the shopper fields? Starting to get fed up with this software.

jenkinhill

You cannot have space(s) in a custom field value, but you can use hyphens & underscores. The value is only used internally in the software. The Title which is seen in the form can have spaces.

You should not delete custom fields, just unpublish them, as if that field is alreadty in use by shoppers then the db will be screwed. Ideally the delete button should be removed
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

newsomjk

Well we have other things that run off our database that are already in existence and are based on our previous Virtuemart, so I had to go to the database and insert spaces.

Problem with not being able to delete them, is that when I originally tried to add the field with the values that had spaces, it added the field and left off the values. And then it won't let me change the title of the field, therefore I can't use that title anymore because if I attempt to use the title again it generates a new title. So if I can't change a title, and I can't delete a field, I'd have to go and change a whole bunch of code in a lot of different places.

Especially since our old Virtuemart had this custom field and it was broken in the update to 2.0, so it's already in the database with the correct title and correct values (in the database), but the field doesn't work and has no values (in the drop down). So I had to remove the shopper field in the database so that I could remake it.