News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product reviews truncate if user enters '(' or ')'; " falls out

Started by Allen_K, August 18, 2013, 22:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen_K

Review Formatting Bug:

I have learned that if a user uses parenthesis symbols, the whole review truncates and unpredictably omits text. If the user use a quote symbol " , the " is dropped. ???

This bug has been around for quite a while, and I was hoping it would be fixed someday. Decided to get off my rear and report it.

thewitt

I just stumbled across this one as well.

I take it no one has worked on it?

Parens cause very strange things to happen in reviews....

This:
QuoteI couldn't put it down. I read and read until it was gone and I wanted MORE. As it happened though Prophecy's Queen is a prequel it is the first book that i have read of the series. So being given the opportunity to be a beta-reader was right on time. I am so glad I did. I can't wait to pick up The Watchers to continue in the saga.

I love the characters and how the Princess got her man. It was so special that she did it in the manner she did which made it all the more special. (Don't want to spoil it for you.) I love the old Wizard who shows up all over the place. I do want to know why the sorceress is so upset and what exactly did she give up?

You will love it too. I couldn't put the book down and neglected all of my grandma and mother duties for the day just to get thru it.

gets changed to this:
I couldn't put it down. I read and read until it was g I love the old Wizard who shows up all over the place. I do want to know why the sorceress is so upset and what exactly did she give up?

You will love it too. I couldn't put the book down and neglected all of my grandma and mother duties for the day just to get thru it.

All of this was just tossed out:

one and I wanted MORE. As it happened though Prophecy's Queen is a prequel it is the first book that i have read of the series. So being given the opportunity to be a beta-reader was right on time. I am so glad I did. I can't wait to pick up The Watchers to continue in the saga.

I love the characters and how the Princess got her man. It was so special that she did it in the manner she did which made it all the more special. (Don't want to spoil it for you.)

VM 3.0.7.2
JM 3.4.1

Stefan Korth

I have had the same issue all through different versions of vm, it is frustrating as the reviews get crippled randomly, and it takes some tweeking, preventing the use of certain words which seem as random, to get a review actually displayed. Wtf? How can we finally solve this? Use 3rd party plugins? Please...

Studio 42

You should add or modify the review javascript and filter out know special char that break the review.

Milbo

Interesting point. It never got my attention sorry. I think we can solve that for the next version after vm3.5.0 (already released).

Actually, it should be just one line. :-) ehrm now after years finegraining our system.

Please test meanwhile http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1169/com_virtuemart.3.5.0.10097_package_or_extract.zip
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Stefan Korth