News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Tax not adding on to total

Started by janeb0112, June 13, 2013, 02:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janeb0112

The taxes are not adding on to total in cart. I see a number there, but it is not right. I have tax set up at 6%. In image you will see it is $4.08, but it should be $4.32 and it is not reflected in the total price.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

AH

Post settings of ALL tax and product config

Then post your version of VM at least.

It will be a config setting

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

XenoGen

Hi,

I am having the same issue. The original's posters screenshot is exactly what I see too.

I have several tax profiles. When a GUEST adds items in the shopping cart, it will add all the tax profiles at once, and basically add 5% tax, then add 6% tax, and add 13% tax and so on. Obviously, the guess will panick and see such a high end price.  Each tax profile is set as "tax Per Bill".  When the Guest enters their address, only the correct tax profiles gets added.

But the problem is the Guest will panic and quit before he enters their address.

So, I found a way through settings to have it so that the tax won't add or show until the user enters their address. For that to work, the tax profiles need to be set as "Tax Per Product".  Everything seems to work fine. The guests sees no taxes in the cart, until he enters his address. After entering his address, the cart shows the correct amount of taxes.

The only problem?  The cart's doesn't actually ADD the amount it's displaying for taxes to the actual TOTAL.
Please tell me what PHP file we need to edit, and what line or how to add a line of code that will make sure the tax gets added into the total. Thanks!

VM 2.08
Joomla 2.5.6

Upgrading VM2 seems not to be an option, it just doesn't upgrade well at all.