News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Upgrade issue from 2.0.20b to 2.0.22a

Started by mgordon, August 06, 2013, 21:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadicer

thank you so much! it was just a matter of setting the system language. Thanks also now inform the comunity Virtuemart Italy.
PS: I can now change the admin password?  :-*

PRO

Quote from: Sadicer on August 09, 2013, 11:12:27 AM
thank you so much! it was just a matter of setting the system language. Thanks also now inform the comunity Virtuemart Italy.
PS: I can now change the admin password?  :-*

yes

Milbo

VM2.0.22a has a fallback now for this. So even you entered everything into the english tables, and changed your site language to italian, it should now work with configuring english in the vm config. => Uses then for all languages the english tables.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Sadicer

:o I'm sorry but I did not understand some technical words, help me with a translation software, which is the meaning of the word "fallback."?

I have a question, if I do not use setting "all languages​​", a user English if you look at my fee, will look at the empty cart or look at the products with the description in Italian language? :-\

esedic

I still have this error when using default joomla SEF urls, but only if I try to open a product details page.
I have two languages in Joomla: English and Slovenian (sl-SI), default language is Slovenian.
I have all data in my language VM database tables (#_virtuemart_categories_sl_si , #_virtuemart_manufacturers_sl_si, #_virtuemart_products_sl_si, etc).
In VM configuration in Languages Settings > Multilingual shop I have Slovenian (Slovenija) language selected and "Use english as fallback for untranslated strings" checked.
I'm not using English language though.

I've seen these lines in components/com_virtuemart/views/category/view.html.php:

if(empty($category->slug)){
vmInfo(JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CAT_NOT_FOUND'));
}

If I dump $category->slug without SEF urls I get correct category slug from database (it's not empty), so I don't understand why this error is thrown.

I'm using VM v2.0.22c on Joomla 2.5.14 , I will update to VM 2.0.24 this week.

jenkinhill

Quote from: esedic on October 09, 2013, 16:16:06 PM
I will update to VM 2.0.24 this week.

Yes, do that. It has some multi-language fixes.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum