News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problems creating drop down menus on product pages

Started by thaiphoon, August 01, 2013, 18:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaiphoon

Hi,

Two years ago I made a website using Joomla! 1.5 and Virtuemart 1. It was easy at that time to add and use dropdown menus, but now it seems very difficult!

I do a website for soccer jerseys. On the product page we need a drop down menu with sizes, one with versions (Premier League, Champions League, Europa Legue) and a third one for players.

Now all that was easy on the old version. On every product page, the drop downs for these categories were there as I opened a new page and I only had to add the different sizes, different versions and different players. It was easy to do and easy to oversee!

Am I missing something? Or are these the facts:

Imagine that every soccer club has different players, sometimes up to 25 players! Now Virtuemart 2 wants me to put on a small line as an example for AC Milan:

De Sciglio #2;Muntari #4;Mexes #5;Robinho #7;Saponara #8;Prince #10;Pazzini #11;Traore #12;Strasser #14;Poli #16;Zapata #17;Montolivo #18;Abate #20;Constant #21;Nocerino #23;Bonera #25;Emanualson #28;Abbiati #32;De Jong #34;Balotelli #45;Gabriel #59;Antonini #77;Niang #78;Zaccardo #81;El Shaarawy #92

Then after add these players one by one on every product page? Tedious work without any overview, not as easy as in the old version. Am I doing something wrong? I try to attach a screen shot, not sure I will succeed, because I don't see an "add to text" button.

Thanks for anyones input! 

[attachment cleanup by admin]

thaiphoon

Nobody?

I just realized that it is impossible to put all players on that default line! Thumbs up for Virtuemart 1, it was soooooooooooooo easy! Thumbs down for Virtuemart 2. How is it possible  that people can deteriorate a good component so badly??? The only good thing about VM 2 is that it is free and encompassing, but in certain areas not.

thaiphoon

I cannot install Joomla! 1.5 version anymore, my hosting company doesn't let me, although I still have 2 websites running on my server with Joomla! 1.5 and VM 1.
Question to the mods:
I still have the VM 1 installation file. Can I install Joomla 1.5 on another server, install VM 1 and do my site on that server and then when the site is finished, migrate the site to my server?

Although, it is crazy to go backwards in time! No wonder that review ratings for Virtuemart 2 have sunk to 3.7, a component which once rated at 5.0!

thaiphoon

I tried to modify my last post, but if I click the MODIFY button, nothing happens...
Virtuemart 2 ratings have fallen now to a low 3.36 and the downward trend will certainly continue. Why don't you guys make an effort and adjust the "Custom Fields" section to its former glory??

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: thaiphoon on August 01, 2013, 18:23:57 PM
Now Virtuemart 2 wants me to put on a small line as an example for AC Milan:

De Sciglio #2;Muntari #4;Mexes #5;Robinho #7;Saponara #8;Prince #10;Pazzini #11;Traore #12;Strasser #14;Poli #16;Zapata #17;Montolivo #18;Abate #20;Constant #21;Nocerino #23;Bonera #25;Emanualson #28;Abbiati #32;De Jong #34;Balotelli #45;Gabriel #59;Antonini #77;Niang #78;Zaccardo #81;El Shaarawy #92

Then after add these players one by one on every product page? Tedious work without any overview, not as easy as in the old version. Am I doing something wrong?
See this http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102083.msg393867#msg393867

And you could use CSVI Improved for importing massive product information like this.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart