VM2 get bad total & currency in PayPal

Started by EAltea, July 30, 2013, 18:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAltea

hi everybody,
I have J2.5, VM2, PayPal Express (€ principal, $), multilenguage site and multi currency shop (€ & $) where the vendor currency is €.
In the shop I have everithing ok but I can't solved a problem with my currencies when I want to pay it in PayPal and the emails received is wrong.
Example:
a) in my cart I have one product 1€. I go to paypal and I pay 1€. This is correct.
b) in my cart I have the same product 1€. I change the currency to $ and in my cart I have a product to 1.30$. Till here it's ok. Now, I go to pay it in PayPal and there I get for pay 1€.
c) the same situation like a) but I want to pay with Bank transfer. I get the shop process corectly but in the emails I receive 1$ (the emails get my simbol of currency but the prices and the total is like when I choose €).
I have 1 week with this, can someone help me, please?
Thanks

sadrem

Hi,
The problem is in paypal payment plugin . It's send only one currency that You have defined . See in Vm payment configuration "Payment Currency"
It's possible to fix the code so it will send to paypal currency from cart but You will need some php skills to do it.
Regards
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

EAltea

Is there somebody which know to solved this in my php, please?

sadrem

Joomla version ?
Vm version
Do You use standart paypal plugin or thirdparty?

EAltea

I use:
Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable
VM 2.0.16
PayPal plugins standard

EAltea

Hello everybody. I am still with the same problem. I attached a image where you can see verry clear my problem:

Total: $5.20
Total in Payment Currency: 4,00 €.

If I go to pay in PayPal, I get to pay 4€.

I NEED TO PAY IN SELECTED CURRENCY BY USER.

I still beleive that is not something imposible, may be a simple bug.
No HERO for this VM problem?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: sadrem on July 30, 2013, 19:31:57 PM
... in paypal payment plugin . It's send only one currency that You have defined . See in Vm payment configuration "Payment Currency"
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Milbo

It would need a main currency and an array of accepted currencies. The question is why he wants to use different currencies with paypal, which makes usually only trouble anyway. VM uses always the configured currency, but displays it in the user selected currency. Sounds good for me.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

EAltea

Hi Milbo. I am not sure if I understand you.

You say: "The question is why he wants to use different currencies with paypal, which makes usually only trouble anyway"
What tipe of problem?
My opinion is that  in a multi currency shop we have, for example, € and $ I am sure that is not just for displays the prices in one of 2 shop currency and one client must to can choose his payment currency. This is not just for PayPal, is generally. One client from USA want to pay in $ and another client from EU in €. Specialy in PayPal, because the client use payment without PayPal account,  whit his card (Visa, mastercard...) and if I have my card setting from my bank in €, how can I pay in $? I can't. The client don't buy in this case and we lose money.
I can't beleive that VM staff can't include this options in PayPal Standard plug. And no "hero" to solve this. All the answers from "heroes" is relative or send out to another posts where NO SOLUTION. Just bla-bla-bla.

sadrem

As I told You if You want solution hire a programmer , pay him and You will get the solution.
Vm standard doesn't have such functionality.

EAltea

Sorry, I don't think to pay for something that must to be free in VM.
I prefer to change the sistem to prestashop, magento or other which don't see to make extra money for basicaly function.
Sadrem ,this is not for you, is for VM guru, hero, extra hero and supervm-s heroes.
Thank, anyway.

Maxim Pishnyak

Is it not possible to create TWO paypal methods and choose specific currency for each, EAltea?
Join us at

EAltea

Hi Maxim.
Yes, it's posible, but we need 8-10 currency. The problem is that in the cart we will have 8-10 payments method (PayPal) + 3 others. And this is not nicely, is not profesional. The idealy is when the client choose his currency, the PayPal get this currency. So, no solution, for the moment.
I see that the paypal standard plugin is created (or signed) for "alatak" and she can't give a real solution of his plugin. Strange, no?

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: EAltea on August 02, 2013, 22:39:34 PM
Yes, it's posible, but we need 8-10 currency.
And you web shop is not multilingual?

Did you study other Paypal related 3rd party VM extensions?

Also you could play with assigning shopper group i.e. assigning payment method.
Join us at

Milbo

Quote from: EAltea on August 02, 2013, 14:58:09 PM
My opinion is ..... and if I have my card setting from my bank in €, how can I pay in $? I can't. The client don't buy in this case and we lose money.

yepp, exactly, your opinion. We use paypal, the people pay in euro, but they dont notice it, they see it directly in dollars. I dont understand the problem. Most payment providers handle that directly themself. Okey you may offer your own exchange rate. But it is not really necessary with paypal, which accepts imho only 5 currencies anyway. A perfect system for this would use the dynamic exchange rate, calculate the shop exchange rate by fee (fix + percentage). Ideally you need a possibility to map all currencies  to another currency if they are displayable, but not useable for a payment method. Additionally to that you need that for any paymentmethod. The way in vm is that you use always the shop main currency, except the payment method provides it and you choose another. Like paypal already does. Just that you know, you are the first coming up with this and for me it looks more like a misunderstanding.

First misunderstanding is what paypal can do for you.
Second, as Maxim already wrote, create more than one paymentmethod.

Quote from: EAltea on August 02, 2013, 15:42:24 PM
Sorry, I don't think to pay for something that must to be free in VM.

Why do you think it must be free in VM? VM itself is already free. Here is the offer to find out exactly what you need. Often it can be solved just by configuration. The better you explain your problem, the more likely it will be solved next version or we can consider it for the next plugins. There will come a lot paypal plugins next months. But I dont know if this special request is in fact a basic request by paypal, that is the question.

Quote from: EAltea on August 02, 2013, 15:42:24 PM
I prefer to change the sistem to prestashop, magento or other which don't see to make extra money for basicaly function.
Sadrem ,this is not for you, is for VM guru, hero, extra hero and supervm-s heroes.
Thank, anyway.

Why the agression, what we did to you? You have a request for a very specific problem. No one solves specific problems for free. If you think it is too expensive to pay 100-200 bugs to someone who solves the problems for you quickn dirty, but it is cheaper to choose Prestashop or Magento,.... ehrm, no more comments.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member