News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Lets Become User Friendly

Started by dido76bg, June 20, 2013, 15:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

I have also made some progress on the product admin page.  Did not realise that Dido was off and running!

Modified the Product info and the Product Pricing

Tried to use CSS as much as possible for styling of labels (removes lots of <divs> for bold etc!)

Needed to add some new CSS to get better styling (and stop the radio list from being "a vertical list" <br/> is used in the build of the html.)

Decided to modify the language files as some language was not so helpful.

Added the stock details to the first page click on "status" seems not so friendly. 
Added "Availabe stock" field,  a simple calc that reduces the stock by booked/order value - displays RED/Bold if value is <= Notify

Milbo / Alatak / Dido- what do you think?

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dido76bg

It is nice with the stock on the pront page.
I have made new classes (just moded the available one) to show the rado lists inline. All moded classes are at the end of my html.php in admin folder.

I realy miss an option from v 1.9 - product units, or may be I still can not find it in version 2, because for me it is important the quantity to be: in stock: 5 pcs for examle.

These days I have a lot of other work (other than coding and styling) so I can not spent much time on VM project.

What I am working on is a plugin to load and clear jQuery and jQuery Ui and load unique noconflict too (I have made one for Joomla 1.x). JQuery easy removes chosen jquery when active and have some issues.

What do you think about the child products? Should they have a separate tab or not?

Hutson you mentioned that you now how to code the prices in product list to be the FINAL not BASE. Can you post your style code changes?

Redards!

alatak

Hello

QuoteMilbo / Alatak / Dido- what do you think?
Txs
We did almost that for the product pricing :)
We did not move the stock in the product information.

AH

It removes much of excessive use of <div>s for label styling and introduces a new CSS for label and Price display

Still need to style the staus page as that no longer has stock in it.

Alatak could you look at the display of the Base price before discounts on the product / orders and in the database I cannot do this, but can sort this display out

I will post my updates here later today?

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AH

Milbo / Alatak - please take a look, finished the updates

I know we could all spend years just tweaking each others displays but I think the small amount of change does make things simpler and quicker for the site administrator.

Screen shots and code below

Summary
1) Moved stock information to Tab1
2) Simple stock available and alert
3) Modified pricing panel
4) Moved dimensions to Status tab and removed redundant dimensions tab
5) Tried to remove excessive use of "hard coded" styling for labels etc (not always successful!)

Tech
1 ) Removed product_edit_dimensions.php
2 ) Set table widths using classes "widthXX" used "floatright or floatleft" for position
3 ) Used tables (within tables) rather than killing myself trying to get TD's to align across a large page of data and allowing for easier styling if required
4 ) Used "VMadminform" class to allow for new styling and prevent core Joomla overwriting VM styles
5 ) Replaced hard coded row colours with row colouring code used in other pages
6 ) In product_edit, product_status, product_edit_price - removed where possible instances of DIV that were used to format strong/bold for labels and prices
7 ) Utilised new class for TD .prices and .labels where relevant
8 ) Adjusted the select size in chosen.css-  .tabs select{ width:200px;}
9 ) New language elements (at bottom of language file)
10) Modified language for some elements (better - IMHO for display)
11) Added new css VMadminform and others to adminui.css

Please don't just throw this away, I think it will make it easier to edit and use the product admin page. :)

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dido76bg

Hi!
I have just installed the new test version (G) and right now I will give it a try.
I am a few days away from finishing my jQuery plugin (it is based on jQuery Easy).
If someone wants to use a newer version of jQuery with VM (because some other components, modules, or plugins may need it), than he should install the jquery migrate plugin (as a link <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.js"></script>) and be sure not to strip out for any reason the 'chosen.jquery.min.js' script.
I have noticed that most of the problems come in the back end.

I have a question (may be stupid but...): does VM realy needs all the <label> TAGS? For example in config view:
<span><label><?php echo JText::_(); ?></label></span>
or we can remove the <label> tags.

Thank you developers! Keep doing that good work!

AH

Valerie is working on the layouts and the price is in much better shape!

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dido76bg

Here is almost a perfect plugin for dealing with jQuery libraries and some other options.
It is working with VirtueMart (jQuery 1.10.1 and jQuery Ui 1.10.3 - just have to add a js file to keep 'chosen.jquery.min.js') and JoomlaWorks components (the still need jQuery Ui 1.9.x to work properly and again  keep 'chosen.jquery.min.js').
It is not something new... just a moded plugin!
Please give it a try if you have time.

I will wait to see and try the new stable version of VM with all the style changes.
What I am missing most is the cropping function and the 2 or 3 different images.

Best regards