News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Confusion with Adding users and shopper groups?

Started by rayge, June 23, 2013, 19:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayge

Im not quite sure proper the process for this.

The site i am working on only approved people are added to the site. Meaning they have to request to become a member to be allowed to see the pricing of the items on the site for purchase.
so administrators will be adding all users.

we will have a 7 Tier Pricing structure so each user may be in one of 7 shopper groups

My question is how to set this up?
DO I use User Groups / Access groups linked to the shopper groups so the admin can just assign a user group (Level 2) to be assigned to the same shopper group of level 2? or is this a multi-step process?

Thanks for any help!!!
I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9

Milbo

Very simple :-) VM2 can this quite well.

The anonymous shoppergroup is the one for non registered people, go there enable the shoppergroup specific price display, remove all prices. Go to the vm config, activate that only registered can checkout. Create your groups in vm, create your discount rules in vm2 or use the multiprices for each product (not so easy to maintain like the rules). Ah yes goto joomla and set the user activation on admin. Hmm I think thats it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rayge

Thanks Milbo I will try this out and test it :)
WOuld be good to have a step by step on that bit i will hobble through it :P

I am using CSVI to import all the pricing as there are literally THOUSANDS of items for this setup.

think about it.. each product has Up to 5 different quantity based prices for up to 7 shopper groups.. thats a heck of a lot of records.
crazy huh?

rayge

OKay so when going through the actual process adding a user do i add it in Joomla or do i add it somewhere else? and how do we easily assign the shooer group to the user during user creation? this is why i was mentioning possibly using the joomla user / access groups?

thanks again for any help!