News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with your shop views/layout? READ this before posting

Started by AH, June 21, 2013, 17:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

We get hundreds/thousands of post relating to page design and odd page wrapping etc.

If you know a bit about HTML and CSS and want to help forum members respond or, if you're just plain inquisitive.

Take some simple steps (you may even solve it yourself!)

Revised Nov 2017 due to enhanced browser tools capabilities

1) Install firefox or Chrome
2) Use the browser's inbuilt developer tool to look at the html code and the CSS (ctrl+shift+i)
3) You can try out adjustments to the CSS in these tools (and HTML) without messing with you site.

4) Use it to see any javascript errors by looking at the console tab
5) And you don't have to restrict yourself to just your own project, see how others do things and it may give you ideas for your own project

There you have it - if I had a $ for every problem I solved using these ....  you would not be reading a post on here from me  ;D
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

And here is one I made earlier for the clueless http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0  For some reason people don't look at FAQs.

And I should add that we cannot provide bespoke programming for layout issues, most of which are css issues anyway.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

Lol.

Maybe they will read this one as it is in the non FAQ section!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

Firebug development has now been discontinued and the utilities now built into Firefox DevTools.  Changes are described here:  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Migrating_from_Firebug

F12 on most browsers selects the developer tools.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum