News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Configuring emails to multiple admins

Started by mustards, June 07, 2013, 17:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustards

Hi

I'm using VM3 2.0.20b on a site and it's working fine except for one thing. I need to be able to configure the shop so that the email confirmation when a purchase is made goes to one of a number of users depending on the product category, ie:

clothing - user 1
events - user 2
races - user 3

Ideally I would like to be able to send the confirmations to more than one user, ie:

clothing - user 1 and user 4
events - user 2 and user 4
races - user 3 and user 4

or event:

clothing - user 1 and user 4
events - user 2, user 4 and user 5
races - user 2, user 4 and user 6

or any such permutation of users. However as a minimum the first method would suffice. Ideally the shopper would be able to make all purchases in one transaction, regardless of vendor although again if this is not possible I could compromise so long as the emails went to the right people.

I've read all the posts I could find about MultiVendor which I thought might achieve this. Since I couldn't find any instructions on how to set this up, I had a go using what information I could find:

1. I turned on administrated multivendor
2. I inserted a new entry directly into the table xxx_virtuemart_vendors (I couldn't find a way to do this through the VM backend), thus I had vendor id 1 and 2.
3. I edited the table xxx_virtuemart_products and changed virtuemart_vendor_id for a selection of products so that some were related to vendor 1 and some related to vendor 2.
4. I edited the shoppers list in the backend and assigned one of the admins to vendor 2 - another (the superuser) was assigned to vendor 1 by default.

To test this I purchased two items, one from each vendor. The transaction seemed to work all the way to PayPal, and only one transaction. However the admin emails didn't appear, nor did the shopper email.

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do?
Is there any further guidance I can read on how to do this?
Is there any other option to do this - such as to buy an add-on/plugin or get someone to customize it?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

mustards

Just to add some additional detail to this question, in my testing I have been placing orders with products from two different vendors (as configured in virtuemart_products). When I look at Shoppers and view each of my vendors the order list only appears for one of them despite the orders being for both vendors.

I see from my shoppers list that the vendor that has an order list is in group "storeadmin" whereas the one that doesn't is in "admin" (this is the superuser that is normally the default VM vendor). I don't know if this is relevant or not.

Any ideas?