News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Free Downloadable Product Order Set to "Pending" Status and Not "Confirmed"

Started by Glen Chancy, June 06, 2013, 21:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen Chancy

We are running VM 2.0.20b and Joomla 2.5.11. We have a free book in our store that is giving us a problem. Customers are available to add the free book (it is technically priced at 0.00001, but rounds to zero when checking out) to their shopping carts and checkout, but the problem is that the order is set to pending, and so they do not get their link to download the PDF. We are using PHP  5.3.25

Here is a link to the product:
http://www.newbookpublishing.com/jupgrade/index.php/bookstore/featured-books/free-book-turn-your-sermons-into-books-detail

We are using the download plugin from iStraxx, but I don't believe that is his issue since the order itself is set to Pending, therefore, not eligible for download.

After researching, I tried to apply the code fix here:
http://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon-virtuemart/help-section/coupon-code-exceeds-amount-wont-allow-payment-method-or-ship#comment-4081

But that fix is for an older version of VM. The fix to components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php looked promising, so I did put that in, but that changed the functionality of the paid books by not sending the download link anymore, so I reverted back to base code for the release.

Does anyone have any idea how to set an order for free products to "confirmed" rather than pending?

Thanks,

Glen

reinhold

To be honest, I don't know the iStraxx plugin at all. With my "Downloads for Sale" plugin, you can select the order statuses that allow the download. No idea whether the iStraxx plugin also has this configuration option.

However, you can create a dedicated payment plugin (of type standard) for orders with amount < 0.00001 and let that method automatically set the status to confirmed.