News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to change what the order confirmation email address is??

Started by kden, May 31, 2013, 16:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kden

This may be something obviously in front of me that I am not seeing so I apologize in advance if that is the case.

I am running Joomla 2.5.6 with Virtuemart 2.0.20 and Authorize.net

I am the super user and I receive the order invoice confirmation email. We want the email to be sent to myself and also the national sales rep. I cannot figure out where the setting is to change or add an email address though.
Is it in the Shop vendor settings? Do I receive this email from being the super administrator? Is it possible to have the confirmation sent to 2 addresses besides the customer?

Thank you

jenkinhill

Order email should be sent to the configured Vendor. Easiest way to send to other addresses is to forward it on your mailserver.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

htown

I am new to VM2. I really do not understand what is being said here. I have gone into SHOPPERS and made myself a vender by marking the check box next to my name and clicking "is a vendor" at the to right of the page, but then there is nothing on the page to indicate that I am an actual vendor. Is there no visual indicator to show who is who is not a vendor? This is the only way to get email sent to the shop owner whenever an order is placed?

I was told by the person to help me build the shopping cart that the email get sent to the user and Joomla. This seems really lame to me. What if you want your orders to go to more than one person? I read your previous post the easiest way to do this is to set up for words but it seems to me should be accomplished also in Virtumart.

Many thanks,
Houston

jenkinhill

kden wanted order mail to go to more than one address - so that is easy to do on a mailserver. Most stores use a single vendor whose details (inc email) are to be found on the Shopper Information / User Information tab. See http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/20-shop-menu/55-shop.html#general-user-information

To set vendor see the FAQ http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99353.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rjcroasdale

Quote from: kden on May 31, 2013, 16:22:26 PM
I am the super user and I receive the order invoice confirmation email. We want the email to be sent to myself and also the national sales rep.

I also want notification of new order emails sent to superadmin (vendor) and admin (manager).

Dont really want to Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers) but if I did would this work?

i.e virtuemart_vendor_id 1 ,2 3 etc and user_is_vendor =1 (multiple users)

I'd rather duplicate the function somewhere that sends the order emails.

jenkinhill

Notification emails get sent to the Vendor who "owns" the products, ie usually the superadmin who entered the products.
Set the mailserver to forward to additional addreses.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

rjcroasdale

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 18, 2013, 15:55:11 PM
Notification emails get sent to the Vendor who "owns" the products, ie usually the superadmin who entered the products.

Thanks for the info. I now know that wouldnt solve my problem.

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 18, 2013, 15:55:11 PM
Set the mailserver to forward to additional addreses.

This isnt really an option.

rjcroasdale

I've switched the vendor over to the manager via db. Now the manager gets the user registrations and order status updates, but superadmin doesnt.
need to explore options aside from emailserver forwarding rules, ty m8

p.s somwhere along here i became a jnr member :) after only six years :D

brucedecon

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 27, 2013, 10:41:48 AM
kden wanted order mail to go to more than one address - so that is easy to do on a mailserver. Most stores use a single vendor whose details (inc email) are to be found on the Shopper Information / User Information tab. See http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/20-shop-menu/55-shop.html#general-user-information

To set vendor see the FAQ http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99353.0
I had the same question and understand what your saying by creating a new forwarding email address such invoices@yourdomain.com have that email address forward, to whom ever, or as many people you want.  I like it!